Brutus - 2016 Tundra TRD Pro

YouTube.jpg

I bit the bullet today and picked up my truck. After initially not thinking that I would ever find a TRD Pro, my wife and I were a bit shocked when we found on in stock at our local dealership in the color that we wanted. The weekend started out pretty ****, with a trip to the Overland Expo East cut short by the crappy hurricane rain, but in the end it turned out in my favor. Thanks Joaquin!

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro crew max.
  • The TRD Pro model from Toyota offers a couple of features not available on other Tundra models.
  • 38 gallon extended range fuel tank.
  • TRD Tuned springs with 2.5" remote-reservoir Bilstein stocks for 2" lift.
  • 18" TRD Pro alloy wheels wrapped in 275/65R18 Michelin LTX A/T 2.
  • 1/4" Aluminum front skid plate.
  • Stainless steel dual exhaust.
  • 4.30 differential gear ratio.

Current Mods
  • 295/70R18 Cooper Tires STT Pros
  • BMC
  • Spidertrax 1.25" spacers

Future Plans
  • Front bumper with winch mount
  • Rear bumper with swing out and table
  • 12K - 16K Winch
  • Bed cap or bed rack system
  • RTT
  • Decked bed drawer system
  • Recovery gear (straps, winch gear, traction boards, air compressor)
  • Rock Sliders
  • Underbody rock lights
  • Rear Locker
  • Gas $$$ to get out explore

IMG_20151003_163322395_HDR_zpsfajwrsmu.jpg

IMG_20151003_163404613_zpseysfv5gy.jpg

IMG_20151003_163336779_HDR_zpsvwkkd8os.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'm really looking forward to digging into this build and get out there and having some fun.

Last edited:

Watt maker

Congrats! Very nice! Glad they introduced dark grey for the TRD pro this year. Does yours have the 38 gallon fuel tank?

amo292

Adventurer
Awesome Truck! I don't think I have seen a better looking configuration out of any manufacturer. You will have a lot of fun with that. I wish I could justify trading in my 08 for one of the new pros but I like not having any payments! Best of luck in your build and travels I look forward to following it on here and instagram!

tbonebrown

I still have my 07 cause it just won't die. That's a killer looking truck man, congrats. I hope the diesel comes out before I hit 250. If so, it's mine!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments all! I'm looking forward to getting this outdoors. It's going to be really painful getting those "organic pinstripes" at first, but at the end of the day I bought it for this. Looking to get some things going soon. We had lots of plans for our trailer build and started planning some trips for next spring, but a surprise (yet planned) pregnancy hit us and we are now due in May, so things are going to be slow going on actually getting out there and exploring :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94