Gen 2.5 Interior Overhead Storage

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Added this mod prior to a big road trip. I planned on taking it out afterwards but it worked so good that I decided to leave it in. I think I spent about $40 plus a few hours to fabricate it. Cross bars are aluminum and I used self-tapping screws to put it together. Cargo net is zip-tied on. Each corner has a thin strip of aluminum that I bent so that it tucks into the gap between the molding and the ceiling material, so there is no permanent change to the truck. And it can be adjusted easily forward and back to your preference. You could even move it to the very back of the truck (I am actually thinking about making another one for the cargo area).

It worked great for stuffing gloves and rain coats, water bottles, maps, etc., all that loose stuff that the Montero doesn't have a good home for on a long trip with 4 people. It is accessible from the back seats too. I rode in a friends Land Rover and loved the overhead storage it had, so I made my own. I'd guess it easily holds 10lbs of gear.
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG

Last edited:

BOPOH

Explorer
Amazing! i have big net that i was planning to use and hold it with o-sht handles but your idea is awesome! thanks for sharing

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I tried stringing up the net without the frame first, but it hung too low and just wasn't very functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94