Help me to NOT fail

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
Hello,
We have a 3 day overland trip scheduled at the end of the month and I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared. I need help from the Pros reviewing my list of items to take.

Here's where I'm at so far.

Recovery/tools:
9500 pound winch
Hi Lift jack
Shackles
Straps
Air compressor
Tire plug kit
CB
Full socket set
Shovel
Knife/saw
Jumper Battery
Misc wrenches, screw drivers, zip ties, etc

Camping basics:
Air mattress (sleeping in Jeep)
Sleeping bags/pillows
TP
Water
Food
Cooler
Stove/pans/plates, etc

So what am I missing?? Bringing too much?

Thank you in advance for any/all suggestions!! :26_7_2:

Rig basics:
'14 Rubicon
3" lift
37x17x13.5 Toyo E rated MTs
Fully armored

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Beer.

Maybe a can opener or spatula or whatever to go with your misc items.

Other than that you look like you have the basics pretty much covered!

jswift716

Adventurer
Specifics would really depend where your going I guess. If I was going to a swamp or beach I'd like to have something like maxtrax

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jswift716

Adventurer
I think your good then. Maybe a little rocket stove incase you get poured on so you can still cook inside since your not bringing a tent.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Rrrrrooooaaadddd TRIP!

Camera, so you can post lots of pictures here when you get back! :victory:
How is your first aid stock? Everything up to date (or close)?
Aspirin/pain reliever, antacid and stomach-bowel fixers? Hangover-elimination goodies?
Trash container like Trasharoo, or copy.
12V margarita blender, spinning disco ball and LED roll out dance floor?
Sounds like an epic trip! Hope it's awesome. :drool:

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
What about your trail spares (axles, u joints, fuel pump, engine belts) and extra fluids (ATF or gear oil, engine oil, PS fluid (can use ATF if you want)? Also, don't forget duct tape. You can seal holes, join pieces and strap stuff together with it. And a ratchet strap or two. If you break a u joint, or a suspension piece, you can use it to tie stuff together. I also always carry a 3 lb sledge... it's handy for "reforming" bent pieces if you need to.

Other than that stuff, your list looks good!

Do you have a tree saver or snatch block? Could be very helpful. Maxtrax are incredibly useful and quick for recovery tools but it doesn't look like you would be in a place to use them. Maybe a fire extinguisher?

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
- I generally travel on my own, so I give a rough itinerary to my wife with check-in times noted on there. If I miss a check-in time by more than 8 hours, then she knows to worry and give the authorities a heads up (although it's never happened). If you cannot get a call to go through, you can try a text message, which apparently works on a different band and thus could go through when a call will not.

- Cash. ATM cards don't always work. Banks sometimes put holds on them if you haven't notified them of your travel plans and you use the card in multiple cities/states over a short period of time. I stopped to get gas this morning and the card readers on the gas pumps were out. The ones inside worked, but if those were down as well, I'd of used the emergency cash I keep on hand. Cash is king, as the saying goes.

3 days isn't very long...stats say you'll be fine and have a great trip, but it's best to prepare for unforeseen situations. Hope all goes well for you!

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Hello,
We have a 3 day overland trip scheduled at the end of the month and I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared. I need help from the Pros reviewing my list of items to take.

Here's where I'm at so far.

Recovery/tools:
9500 pound winch
Hi Lift jack
Shackles
Straps
Air compressor
Tire plug kit
CB
Full socket set
Shovel
Knife/saw
Jumper Battery
Misc wrenches, screw drivers, zip ties, etc

Camping basics:
Air mattress (sleeping in Jeep)
Sleeping bags/pillows
TP
Water
Food
Cooler
Stove/pans/plates, etc

So what am I missing?? Bringing too much?

Thank you in advance for any/all suggestions!! :26_7_2:

Rig basics:
'14 Rubicon
3" lift
37x17x13.5 Toyo E rated MTs
Fully armored

Might be drilling down a bit here splitting hairs, but how about matches... a lighter or both ? The Rubi seems ready :)

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
Camera, so you can post lots of pictures here when you get back! :victory:
How is your first aid stock? Everything up to date (or close)?
Aspirin/pain reliever, antacid and stomach-bowel fixers? Hangover-elimination goodies?
Trash container like Trasharoo, or copy.
12V margarita blender, spinning disco ball and LED roll out dance floor?
Sounds like an epic trip! Hope it's awesome. :drool:

Great tips, thanks!

Not sure if the AC outlet can handle the fog machine, I'll check.... :) Can't have disco ball w/o fog

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
What about your trail spares (axles, u joints, fuel pump, engine belts) and extra fluids (ATF or gear oil, engine oil, PS fluid (can use ATF if you want)? Also, don't forget duct tape. You can seal holes, join pieces and strap stuff together with it. And a ratchet strap or two. If you break a u joint, or a suspension piece, you can use it to tie stuff together. I also always carry a 3 lb sledge... it's handy for "reforming" bent pieces if you need to.

Other than that stuff, your list looks good!

Thank you!
I'll add duct tape and the sledge. Ratchet straps and gear oil are in my every day carry tub, forgot to include them. I don't have trail spares for axles, chunked the rears after I replaced them, but I think the chromolys will hold. The front are still stock and they worry me a bit.

These should be pretty light trails compared to the shorter trips and rocks I've done in the past.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94