2013 Express 3500 Passeger Van

BPappas

Some pictures of my 2 wheel drive Passenger van with a 4" suspension lift from Boulder Offroad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 22

BPappas

I make the rack out of 1'' conduit and the ladder out of 3/4" conduit. I didn't feel like welding galvanized so everything was bolted together. I used a conduit bender for the ladder and used a vise to squeeze the ends at all connections. The cost in materials total was under 300.

dar395

Adventurer
Nice Van, I'm moving DOWN to a 1500 from 2500 hope it's not mistake, your 3,500 is a tough looking ride. On the rack , I'm thinking that with the smaller diameter on the conduit you may be close to noise free going down the freeway, am I correct.

How much weight can you carry in the rack? I may try one myself:Wow1:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I make the rack out of 1'' conduit and the ladder out of 3/4" conduit. I didn't feel like welding galvanized so everything was bolted together. I used a conduit bender for the ladder and used a vise to squeeze the ends at all connections. The cost in materials total was under 300.

I'd love to see a detail shot of the construction!

Thanks man, that's awesome.

BPappas

No noise at all with this rack. Not sure how much weight I can carry. I have two load bars and looking to find two more and that will be more than enough for what I would ever put up there. Don't want to make it top heavy up there. I will post more pictures of the rack and ladder with more detail next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier