Bumpers and grills

Kade

With new headlights from REDOVAL coming in soon I've been looking at a few options for dressing up the front end. Does anyone know what this big chrome bumper came off of? I've never seen one anywhere else but I like the beefier look.

4990._V192201635_.jpg

If this one doesn't pan out then I'll be back to my original plan of building my own. Can anyone with an aluminess bumper tell me how thick their bumper material is? I was planning on welding up an aluminum one but it would be nice to know where to start.

For the grill, I'm stuck between the stock chrome grill like in the picture above. I really like that style. Or possibly doing a billet grill. Has anyone here installed a billet grill from ebay? Or the cheapo stock grills from ebay for that matter. Things always look better in pictures so it's nice to get feedback.

Here are two recent ebay postings for reference.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-92-06-F...ert-/190544643103?hash=item2c5d58841f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-07-FOR...ENT-/301149133998?hash=item461de31cae&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thats the E550 that Ford made for 2 or 3 years (?) They have a completely different chassis.

Gtdad

Adventurer
Billet grills restrict airflow , IF you drive in hot areas it will cause your engine to run hotter , not good if you have diesel.
Some people have removed every other slat from their aluminum billet , grills=lots of work to make it look nice.

Last edited:

Kade

I'm in the NW and have a 5.4L so no issues there. I'm leaning toward the stock chrome grill like the one in picture though. I passed by a newer Ford van today and the bumper looked pretty close to the one in the picture.

Has anyone tried bolting up a '08+bumper on a '06- van?

2009_ford_econoline_wagon_e350_super_duty_passenger_van_2720055421803905997.jpg

Sea.Jay

Observer
Billet grills restrict airflow , IF you drive in hot areas it will cause your engine to run hotter , not good if you have diesel.
Some people have removed every slat from thier billet grills=lots of work to make it look nice.

What?

Kade

I went ahead and bought the factory chrome replica sorta grill off ebay. With the options of either the E550 or a '07+ big chrome bumper, I like the chrome stock look better than the fan boy billet. I let everyone know how it goes on. It was 1/5th the cost of a new oem grill on ebay.

Last edited:

Gtdad

Adventurer
I picked up an new take off 07 chrome grill from Craigslist for 30$ . Just waiting for my friend to bring it by from Vancouver island.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles