The "Mother Lode" 2005 GMC Yukon

krazytoy

Adventurer
Well, a trip to some small sand dunes yesterday didn’t go as planned. My two sons and I came over a small dune and somehow landed on the nose of the Yukon and over it went, the body is a complete loss and thankfully no one was hurt. We got it winched back over, pulled the plug to drain the oil out of the cylinders and it fired right up and I was able to drive it back to the staging area, I don’t think any of the suspension or powertrain is hurt, it’s just the body and it’s a complete loss. Not sure what I’m going to do at this point?

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Glad to hear no one was injured; very sorry to see these latest photos after having admired the beautiful canyon posts you posted.
I am sure with your talents the sheet metal damage will only inspire you to bigger and more creative solutions.

Jelorian

Adventurer
Oh man! So sorry to hear! Glad you are all ok though! Good luck figuring out what to do moving forward. I'm sure it will be even better.

ExDementia

Adventurer
Oh man, as soon as I saw that I literally said out loud "Oh no!"

Glad to hear everyone is alright, that could have definitely been a lot worse. You thinking of picking up another Yukon/Tahoe chassis and swapping parts over to continue from there? Or is there another fresh start in your future? Either way, looking forward to seeing it!

krazytoy

Adventurer
Oh man, as soon as I saw that I literally said out loud "Oh no!"

Glad to hear everyone is alright, that could have definitely been a lot worse. You thinking of picking up another Yukon/Tahoe chassis and swapping parts over to continue from there? Or is there another fresh start in your future? Either way, looking forward to seeing it!

I will probably just end up swapping the body, there is a ton of time in the chassis which was not damaged, not really sure just yet?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Ouch! Saw the picture on Instagram the other day and knew it looked familiar. Bummer about the rig but glad nobody got hurt. Could have been a whole lot worse.

RedF

Adventurer
What? Your fab skills weren't getting enough attention, so you decided to park it on it's lid so everybody could get a better look? :oops:

Sorry to see the damage, but nothing truly important was lost. Swap a good Yukon/Tahoe body onto it, it's way too nice to not repair.

PS: I see a rollcage in your future!

krazytoy

Adventurer
Can't believe no one has said it,.....that'll buff out.
I don't think it's gonna buff out in this case! :)

OP must not like my Hummer body kit idea. Then again it might have been made for the older suburbans it might not fit.
Ain't gonna happen, I hate Hummers!

I see a rollcage in your future!
Yes, for sure!

Yesterday the insurance adjuster came buy and told me what I already knew, I now just need to wait for the adjuster to call and see what they want to do with it. I went ahead and pulled all the doors off and started stripping the interior to try and lighten up the body in case I want to pull it off and change it or? Here are some better pictures of the damage.

Treybiz

Observer
I don't think it's gonna buff out in this case! :)

Ain't gonna happen, I hate Hummers!

Yes, for sure!

Yesterday the insurance adjuster came buy and told me what I already knew, I now just need to wait for the adjuster to call and see what they want to do with it. I went ahead and pulled all the doors off and started stripping the interior to try and lighten up the body in case I want to pull it off and change it or? Here are some better pictures of the damage.

For my sanity please find another clean Yukon Body and Swap it over... This is certainly one of my favorite SAS'd GMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94