My 2nd Gen DCLB Build

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I gotta watch this thread. I have a KTM and Im looking for something to haul it around too! ;) Actually, I want a family adventure rig and have my eye on a Tacoma.

Which bike do you have? Honestly, IMO, best purchase I ever made.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
If you had the 3 leaf plus overload spring pack, you probably gained 2.25" or 2.5" in back.

Beware that the OME shocks (that are supposedly designed to work with Dakar leafs) are too short for those leaf springs. The springs will support much more droop than the shocks will. The shocks are your limiting factor, and don't leave a lot of room for down travel before they top out. Just be aware of it so you don't tear the shocks apart by over extension.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
If you had the 3 leaf plus overload spring pack, you probably gained 2.25" or 2.5" in back.

Beware that the OME shocks (that are supposedly designed to work with Dakar leafs) are too short for those leaf springs. The springs will support much more droop than the shocks will. The shocks are your limiting factor, and don't leave a lot of room for down travel before they top out. Just be aware of it so you don't tear the shocks apart by over extension.

No I have the standard light duty kit, so nothing extra into the leaf packs. The above picture of the stance only has the rears installed and OEM still in the front. Will post a new stance picture tonight.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Replaced my upper ball joints tonight. Noticed during my hours spent under the truck that the drivers side boot was cracked. Feel way better about having new ones.
Also ordered new wheels and tires tonight. Picking them up in two days. Can't wait!

Finally final ride height photo. Just for reference on the difference I've added to other photo of the rears installed.

Before

After with the whole OME kit installed

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Welp, wheels and tires are installed. I was debating going down to a 16" but having friends who are managers at Toyota is helping, especially with our Albertan economy.

17x7 TRD Pro wheels, and 275/70-17 KO2's

Hi from Edmonton… very nice taco you got. If you are interested in sliders and bumpers,bed rack. I'm slowly starting my own fab shop called Backcountry Customs and will focus mainly on armour for toyotas.

Cheers , Gabriel

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Hi from Edmonton… very nice taco you got. If you are interested in sliders and bumpers,bed rack. I'm slowly starting my own fab shop called Backcountry Customs and will focus mainly on armour for toyotas.

Cheers , Gabriel

I am definitely interested in sliders. Bumpers wise are you mostly focusing on tube bumpers or are you also dabbling in plate bumpers?

K.Ray

Adventurer
Looks great with the TRD wheels! I ordered 885s today so hopefully it'll come out looking similar. Get that alignment done soon so you don't eat those expensive tires up.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Looks great with the TRD wheels! I ordered 885s today so hopefully it'll come out looking similar. Get that alignment done soon so you don't eat those expensive tires up.

Thanks man! Alignment always happens immediately after install for me. I've swapped suspension on my cars so much, that with my laser alignment method, I can usually get it within about .5 degree of spec. At least on the camber and toe, that way I feel comfortable driving across the city to my buddies rack.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
After three long evenings wiring the truck after work, I finally have all five light bars installed, and my blue sea systems 12cct fuse block. I love the quality of the OTRATTW ConturaV switches, they feel and look awesome. Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are heading to the mountains for the day so I'll have to take some pictures. Next is to decide whether I go for a fridge or rtt for my last major mod for this year.

jpop8807

Observer
So sexy bro, I had a prerunner before. I finally got a 4wd but the only thing I could afford was a single cab 2011 ram. 4wd demands a premium especially in the Tacoma world. Damn I miss tacos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz