My 2nd Gen DCLB Build

jgpoirier

Adventurer
We went for a shake down day at Yoho NP today, but didn't get nearly in as far as I thought we could do to road/trail closures. But overall went great. Only problem I had was my firestik almost decided there was a fire sale on itself. I've never seen a cb whip side to side on the highway like that. I thought for sure it was going to tear the mount out of my bed, or snap itself. Mind you we did have aggressive winds today. I ended up yanking it before it could damage itself or the truck.

But here are some pictures with the light bars installed

Full shot tall

Full shot wide

Front Bar and Side 30W above pass rear door

Rear double 30W bed lights

In that last shot you can see my antenna spring in the left hand side of the bed. Has anyone else had issues with this location, specifically issues with the antenna itself attempting to be a gymnast?
Thanks for looking Gents.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
So sexy bro, I had a prerunner before. I finally got a 4wd but the only thing I could afford was a single cab 2011 ram. 4wd demands a premium especially in the Tacoma world. Damn I miss tacos.

Thanks man, I like it too. We all do our best with what we can afford. My last 4wd before the taco, five years ago, was a 2000 Durango.

forty2

Adventurer
Back when I still ran a CB I also used firestik but on a hood channel mount, on a spring the damn thing would oscillate like crazy in certain conditions, like semi wake. Ended up going to a simple quick release, no spring, was much happier with it even though it had to come off when the branches came out.

vicali

Adventurer
Truck is looking awesome!
I've got a cabrac on order next week when the gb starts- nice to see yours.. Are you getting any wind noise from it?

I had a spring mount 5ft fibreglass on the back of my last toyota- I ended up getting rid of the spring because it let it smash into the canopy too much. Now I have a 5ft off the lightbar up front. It doesn't move too much at all, usually just presses back from the wind.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Back when I still ran a CB I also used firestik but on a hood channel mount, on a spring the damn thing would oscillate like crazy in certain conditions, like semi wake. Ended up going to a simple quick release, no spring, was much happier with it even though it had to come off when the branches came out.
Hmmm, might have to look into a quick release.

Truck is looking awesome!
I've got a cabrac on order next week when the gb starts- nice to see yours.. Are you getting any wind noise from it?

I had a spring mount 5ft fibreglass on the back of my last toyota- I ended up getting rid of the spring because it let it smash into the canopy too much. Now I have a 5ft off the lightbar up front. It doesn't move too much at all, usually just presses back from the wind.
Thanks man. Love the cabrac, at first I had insane amount of vibration from the cabrac. Like everything in my truck was about the vibrate loose it was so bad. The fairing seems sensitive to how you have it positioned, it needs to be in it's lowest position possible. It'll make sense when you install yours. Now I only have a slight noise at about 70kph, that goes away by about 75kph.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Here are the pictures of the lighting switching, and other accessories. Excuse my dirty interior...

12 CCT Blue Sea Systems Fuse Block with Neg Bus (Temp install, currently fabing a custom bracket)

30W LED Switching

Roof Light Bar Switch (Love this switch, although it's the wrong gen)

Cobra

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I know this was posted to the web page but man is it cool. I can't stop looking at it. This Tacoma Habitat looks amazing! Definitely looking forward to pricing, and of course for the Canadian dollar to come closer to the American dollar.

Here's a few pics

I WANT ONE!

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Also swapped my headlights out yesterday. I had tried to restore the originals and it would last a week then back to hazey. So I gave up and purchased new ones.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I finally received my 2000x2500 ARB Awning this week so I mounted it to the PrInSu Cabrac today. I'm excited to have an awning now. Don't know if I'll get the awning room or mosquito net but at least the availability is there.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

jgpoirier

Adventurer
I picked up a pair of Front Runner Tacoma Load Bars for my truck yesterday. I'm hoping to use them for my RTT that should be here by the end of the week. Went this route as I found some locally and had recently received a quote of $600 to have a similar bar to the relentless fab bed bars made. I obviously did not pursue that company any longer. My only worry is that two of the FR load bars will not be enough. I may temporary use a 2x4 between the bed and the bar while sleeping two people in the tent until I can source another load bar.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Wow! What a quick turn around from North Shore Offroad getting my tent to me. Including the day I paid, 3 working days later I had my tent. Brought it home and couldn't resist installing it. Luckily my next door neighbor always has a bunch of scrap steel laying around and a drill press, as I had to make my own custom brackets for the mounts as my FR bed bars are too wide for the factory Tepui brackets.

I was originally looking to find an older standard Autana that wasn't the, IMO, awful Siberian camo, but NSOR didn't have any left in stock. I like the tan so they offered me a deal on the SKY model, so I jumped on it.

I have yet to install the annex to see if the height on the tent will massively affect the installed height of the annex and whether or not that will affect the ease of opening the doors. But my queen size coleman sleeping bag fits perfectly. I'm stoked to get out and use it and the awning sometime in the next two weekends. Speaking to this, I was watching some videos from Drifta Trailers. He's designed a RTT lift rack with electric actuators and I love this idea. Might look a little funny, but this way the tent can sit under the roof height during travel helping with aerodynamics and after you've opened the tent from a reachable height to get at the windows and such, you hit the switch and the entire assembly raises above you're head. But I will MAYBE do this next year.

For your viewing pleasure.

First opening

A view of the queen size sleeping bag, and a slight view of the sky lights

All closed up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior