My 2nd Gen DCLB Build

gregdee

First off - nice build. I dig it. You Canadians always impress.

I am in the planning stages of a secondary electrical system for camping use. I came across this wiring diagram and wondered if you had any feed back or second thoughts on your design now that you've had it a while?

I realized I don't know much about this sort of thing so I've been reading up on the use of relays. From what I can find it seems like relays are needed for relatively high current draw situations, say greater than 15 amps. With a 12V system you'd need to be pulling 180W to hit that much current draw. I can see needing a relay for running an air compressor (mine pulls 90 amps) or a big light bar but things like auxiliary lighting and fridges probably won't break 10 amps. So, I pose this question to those in the know: are the relays really necessary and at what current rating does a standard rocker switch hit its' limit?

And why the use of a high-end fuse block like the Blue Sea? Would something like this suffice? It's less than a third the price of the Blue Sea unit.
fuse_block.jpg

Yota_Wolf

Nice Truck! I'm sure I have seen you driving around South Calgary. I live in the South East in Cranston. Great Build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne