BorregoFest 2015 - Last min trip to Anza Borrego

m3pedro

Observer
must not been too hard since I dont particularly remember it honestly....sometimes with rains trails get harder....maybe this section got easier.

Also the following week I got my HAM lisc. finally!!

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
No worries, thanks, I'll check it out later this Nov. Congrats on the ticket. I got mine back in 2013. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bat

Explorer
The only photo I have of HEART ATTACK hill or the pinyon dropoff....(

I think you need to go back and get pictures so people can see why it is called heart attack hill and I agree that after heart attack the trail does get tricky especially the little 4 foot wall :)

Last edited:

psykokid

Explorer
Nice TR. I was out there a few weeks ago with the Rover Club.

Here's a pic looking down from the top of Heart Attack Hill from back in March when we were out there for a friends bachelor party:
20150307_174526.jpg

Here's a pic of my truck starting down Heart Attack Hill:
_DSC7018.jpg

_DSC7047.jpg

And right about here, which is about 2/3 of the way down, my track rod decided to taco up. If you look at my drivers front wheel you can see that It's all toed out while my passenger front is straight. That was a fun fix. Fortunately I had recently purchased HD steering links. I hadn't had a chance to put them on the truck but had the presence of mind to toss them in the back as spares *just in case* Saved my bacon.
20150307_175900.jpg

My codriver swapped out the track rod in situ in the middle of the hill in the dark while I stood on the brakes. They anchored me via winchline from a truck still at the top of the hill as a safety measure for my codriver.
20150307_181531.jpg

Same thing happened to another guy on our trip that happened to your friend in regards to too much skinny pedal next to that rock. I wonder how many windows that rock has claimed over the years.. :agree:
20150307_172043%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
They call that rock The Window Smasher. Just look at all the glass on the ground. The park service should put in a dust pan and brush for clean up. Mean rock or the second name is the Gate Keeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94