Somedayilllearn's Bear

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Eliminate the Darkness

It has been about a year since I made the upgrade but I'm thoroughly impressed and happy with what Baja Designs added to the rear of the Bear.

1fe5078c7a62427c518c959cb5a87062.jpg

There wide cornering back up lights along with their S2 lights have increased the general safety of my truck when backing up. This change came immediately after I heard about one of my friends neighbors backing over their two son killing him. It happened 1000 miles away but it might as well have happened next-door. For tons of steel and rubber don't belong anywhere near someone that small. I made the change less than a week after hearing about this.

deede47b8aac8e7c183a42372b4226da.jpg

I run them to our Switch Pros Controls which I've mounted in our sunglass holder in the roof. With the push of a button everything behind me becomes flooded with light. I still check all the mirrors while using the back up camera and even roll down my window. But at least I'm glad the dark spots are gone.

If anyone is interested in upgrading their lighting
Call 800-422-5292x114 to receive 10% Discount or email bailey@bajadesigns.com and let them know I sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
I have to say, one of the strangest upgrades that I've made was the Bedslide. It was something I knew nothing about until about a year ago, but it is definitely a game changer.

c999574deca49fe9cb0abeb42f629177.jpg

I think it's going to definitely upgrade my tailgating status

091c3ead30a3d36e58fa8e5c2f0d506a.jpg

uscg2008

Explorer
How you liking the ware on the new bfgs for a full size diesel? Its almost time to get new rubber for my duramax and I'm between the Toyo RT , nitto terra grappler and the KO2.

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
How you liking the ware on the new bfgs for a full size diesel? Its almost time to get new rubber for my duramax and I'm between the Toyo RT , nitto terra grappler and the KO2.

I ran the same BFGs (Old style) on my previous tundra and never nothing but BFG all-terrain's on my diesel. So far no complaints. They hold up as expected.

Rubicon85

Observer
Awesome thread and build Nate! We have 2 little girls 3 and 5; we just picked up a CCSB Ram 2500 and are going to be slowly building it up for adventures just like yours. We had been previously doing all our trips in an 2003 4runner with trailer in tow and very excited/confident in the payload and upgraded capacity in the new adventure wagon. Full size capacity rocks! My first order of business is some OBA, I know you like the Vivair system. Do you have a tank hidden anywhere under there or just run straight off the compressors? Working ok? I also like the Baja Designs lights in the rear and plan on those as well, nothing worse than not seeing small creatures behind you... You pleased with the cornering model vs. the Work/Scene model? Thanks for sharing your adventures! Need to start posting ours up more!
Take care,
Alex

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Awesome thread and build Nate! We have 2 little girls 3 and 5; we just picked up a CCSB Ram 2500 and are going to be slowly building it up for adventures just like yours.

***#1 My first order of business is some OBA, I know you like the Vivair system. Do you have a tank hidden anywhere under there or just run straight off the compressors? Working ok?

***#2 I also like the Baja Designs lights in the rear and plan on those as well, nothing worse than not seeing small creatures behind you... You pleased with the cornering model vs. the Work/Scene model?
Alex

That's awesome Alex. Traveling with family, especially large family, is better in a full-size truck. The building take some strategy but it's like building a land yacht… A power land yacht. I really cool...um...yacht.

When you say CCSB, do you mean crew cab short bed or standard bed? Throw picture in so I can see your truck.

As far as question #1:
I use the onboard 444C system with dual compressors and a tank which is hidden in my bed between the wheel well in the cab. I'm talking about underneath my bed not in the actual bed. I didn't want to take the take up any room in my storage/emergency camping area. Yes they work great but we've learned lessons as far as wiring and fuses etc. they draw a lot of power so you need to think ahead about how you're going to control it. I'd love to offer advice on this if you want it. Or on the entire build as it were. It's always good to know where to start so you build a good foundation for future parts/accessories.

97dda6590e1dae8beb36c12c63944e21.jpg

As far as question #2:
I love the lights from Baja Designs. The wide cornering lights work perfect on the lower level. I have S2 lights on the top of my truck on the rack from Front Runner Outfitters. I honestly haven't done a comparison to the work lights but I will say I'm glad I got these. If not just for backing, when I work behind my truck they help out a lot. I was cutting wood a while back and loading my trailer and without them it would've been impossible. So there's a lot of stuff you can do with them. You… Might even find a use for them…uh... Tailgaters. I didn't say anything.

a0747d89e8011f2c4d539b236309a4c5.jpg

If you do have any questions or want to know where I think you should start let me know. Also shoot me a picture of your truck if you do reply.

Also, when you go to buy the Baja Designs lights let them know I sent you and you can get a discount. Call 800-422-5292x114 to receive 10% Discount or email bailey@bajadesigns.com

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Switch.Pros is one of the better upgrades I've made to the truck in the last year.

0a3cd23219adf3b4e4faaa89bde00aaf.jpg

Makes lighting and wiring so simple.

1309bbc88454b02461ff51b607a09466.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior