My Humble Hundy Build

nmatcek

Adventurer
Came home yesterday to extra large pallet from Slee that included the rear bumper/tire carrier, a set of OME Torsion bars and the Slee diff drop. Now to find time to install everything!

More to come...
Awesome, can't wait to see it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I'm diggin your build here man. (Funny I found it searching for drawers ;) after searching mud ) I like the components you've chosen so far. Overall that's a great looking 100 series, and your right the weight adds up quickly when we start to bolt a few things on. Any more info on your tent? Who made it?

Go4Lo

Explorer
I'm diggin your build here man. (Funny I found it searching for drawers ;) after searching mud ) I like the components you've chosen so far. Overall that's a great looking 100 series, and your right the weight adds up quickly when we start to bolt a few things on. Any more info on your tent? Who made it?

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'm on ih8mud as well (different name) but I don't post much, more of an absorber of the tons of good tech info. I did like the idea of a drawer thread dedicated to the 100 series but it didn't get far ;). There is a good drawer thread on Expo: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/9034-Post-up-your-drawer-storage-system

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of info on the tent. I bought it off a local guy that had it built by a camper/RV company to model after a Autohome unit. I can snap a few closeups of it and post them up.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Spent a good part of the day today finishing up the Slee rear bumper install, OME 864 rear springs and tossed the RTT and ARB awning on the new Rhino bar set up for the first time. I still need to install OME Torsion bars as my stockers are maxed out but overall I'm very happy with the outcome. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Last edited:

Go4Lo

Explorer
Not much of an update from a build perspective but my son and I did get out of the city over the weekend and spent some time in the woods with the Cruiser. Fall is my favorite time of year in this part of the world. Warm sunny days, beautiful foliage and cool nights make for perfect camping weather.

Camping.01.jpg

Camping.05.jpg

Camping.02.jpg

Camping.04.jpg

Last edited:

UMphreak95

Observer
Odd question, but were you coming down Imogene from the Ouray to Telluride side on September 5th? It was mid to late afternoon and I remember seeing a 100 identical to yours passing us while we were going the opposite direction. We were in a silver 80 series.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Odd question, but were you coming down Imogene from the Ouray to Telluride side on September 5th? It was mid to late afternoon and I remember seeing a 100 identical to yours passing us while we were going the opposite direction. We were in a silver 80 series.

I was in the Ouray/Telluride area in mid-September. If I remember correctly we specifically ran Imogene from Ouray to Telluride on Monday, 9/14 and then spent a night just outside of Telluride. So it's possible that you saw me during that time?

Go4Lo

Explorer
Rear Flaps

The large lugs on the Nitto's like to propel objects from the road towards other drivers or into my shiny new rear bumper. Given the small fortune the rear bumpers cost for these trucks I felt it prudent to add a set of flaps to offer some protection. I took a gamble and bought a set of cheapo 11" universal flaps from Amazon that ended up working out well. To attach the flaps to the Slee end caps I could have just drilled pilot holes and used the self tapping screws that came with the flaps but why do things the easy way :).

As apparent with my snorkel install I like using rivnuts whenever possible. I had a handful of 1/4 x 20 rivnuts on the shelf so why not? Three rivnuts on each side and some stainless hardware did the trick. Happy with the outcome now I just need to figure out a set for the front to protect the beating the rock sliders are taking. :safari-rig:

Link to the flaps if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NIJS0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Flaps.02.2.jpg

Flaps.04.4.jpg

Flaps.08.8.jpg

Flaps.05.5.jpg

Flaps.06.jpg

Last edited:

Go4Lo

Explorer
Uwharrie OHV Trails

We were fortunate enough to have another weekend of nice weather here in the south with sunny days and cool nights so what better way to get out and enjoy it than camping with a good friend and our sons. We spent the better part of Saturday exploring the OHV trail system in the Uwharrie National Forest in Central NC before settling into a nice secluded spot in the woods to make camp. Earlier in the week a the area had been hit by a few inches of rainfall so I was thankful to be running an MT tire as I watched my friend slip and slide around with the AT tires on his JK. Any time spent with my son in the woods I consider a success but this weekend in particular the boys had a great time trail ridding, getting dirty in the mud and building camp fires.

Favorite quote from the weekend from my 4yr old: Son - Dad, do we have to go home? Me - Son, we are out of food and we have to go to work and school tomorrow. Son - But Dad let's just call Mom to bring us more food out here so we can stay :wings:

URE.11.jpg

URE.07.7.jpg

Typical NC red clay...
URE.14.1.jpg

Our home for the evening.
URE.10.10.jpg

Part of the excitement of camping is trying new ideas and techniques each time we head out. The last few times we've been out I've felt the need for a better lighting solution for use with the awning while preparing food and just general camp use. In the spirit of trying a new lighting idea we picked up a set of string lights on the cheap for this trip. Once the awning was up we were able to intertwine the string lights around the poles and then simply plug them into the inverter in the back of the Cruiser and boom a well lit working area! I'm excited to report that these worked out so well and a little ashamed we didn't think of it before.

On a side note with the increased electrical draw from the lights, the fridge and other accessories I do see the need for a dual battery set up in the near future.....

URE.09.jpg

URE.08.jpg

Thanks for following along and Happy Thanksgiving :chef:

Last edited:

Redman333

Adventurer
Hey just realized you're in NC also! I live down by fort fisher in the Wilmington area. We go to the mountains a lot though since as far as scenery goes and trails you can't beat the mountains, at least in NC. Where in NC are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
Nice build by the way. I'm in the process of putting my Land Rover up for sale to then start looking for a land cruiser/lx470 myself. Not really happy with the reliability of my Land Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go4Lo

Explorer
Nice to see another NCer. I'm in the Charlotte area. We really enjoy the Wilmington area as well and spend a lot of time in the summers on the sand at Fort Fisher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz