My Humble Hundy Build

Go4Lo

Explorer
An opportunity presented itself a few months back to buy a well loved for '07 Cruiser from a good friend who recently replaced it with an '15 Cruiser. At the time we had a well built 3rd Gen 4Runner that had served the family well for quite some time. I had no intentions of selling it but the allure of a clean, one owner, well kept '07 Hundy was too much to pass up. My friend purchased this truck new in '07 and he's the type that will take it to dealer for everything so I knew she had been well loved and cared for. We both agreed on a price and closed a deal, he got his fancy new 200 series and I got a well loved 100 series. :wings:

We were able to find a new home for the 4Runner so the planning and building of the Humble Hundy began.

Build List To Date:

OME 865 Rears
OME Nitro Chargers
Slee Step Sliders
275/70 Falken ATS
Custom Rear Drawer/Fridge System
RTT
ARB Awning
Optima Red Top
Overhead DVD Player for kiddos

More to come...

Short trip to Fort Fisher beach, NC

FF.01.jpg

In mid September we spent 10 days on the road from NC touring around CO and UT.

Road Trip.13.jpg

Road Trip.28.jpg

Road Trip.26.jpg

Road Trip.12.jpg

Road Trip.17.jpg

Road Trip.03.jpg

Go4Lo

Explorer
Rear drawer/fridge mount/water can mount. Both sections are attached to third row seat floor mounting brackets.

Road Trip.37.jpg

Road Trip.38.jpg

Go4Lo

Explorer
Roof Racks?

Currently our tent is mounted on a set of Thule crossbars that are attached to the factory rails. This set up works but I'd prefer to ditch the OEM rack altogether and move to a flat style rack. I'm curious if there's any experience on here with Rhino Rack products? I really like the Pioneer series of flat racks.

http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/roof-racks/pioneer-platform/pioneer-platform-84-x-56-_ja0080

Thoughts?

I had a Baja Utility Flat Rack on my 80 series and wasn't very impressed with the quality and fit of it so I'm leaning towards a different manufacturer. The Front Runner rack looks nice as well but it's not quite large enough for our RTT.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
..The K9 is on the list as well, just not much info out there on it for a 100 series...

What info are you interested in? I've installed dozens of K9's and run one on my personal 100 Series, great rack. Additionally I've spent time at their Johannesburg, SA manufacturing facility. I'd gladly pass along any info I can.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Actually I decided a 3 bar system would work better for our needs. I've ordered the Rhino Rack system. It will support the RTT and awing and also provide mounting for existing accessories we already have (cargo box, ski racks, bike racks, etc..). I also like the fact that it replaces the oem rack for lower profile mount and cleaner look in my opinion.

Pic of the Rhino Rack 3 bar system.

Rhino Rack.01.jpg

Go4Lo

Explorer
Appears your RTT is an Airtop? Is that the large or medium?

It's actually a custom built unit modeled after an Airtop. It measures 84" x 58". It's not as nice as an actual Airtop but it gets the job done. :camping:

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Last edited:

Go4Lo

Explorer
Christmas came a bit early this year for the Hundy in the form of a ARB Combo Bar and new set of Nitto MTs. The Rhino base rack system came in as well and I managed to find a little time this weekend between family events to get the ARB on and the rack installed. Unfortunately these two pics are all I have so far.

ARB.03.jpg

Tires.01.jpg

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Nice truck! How are those Nittos on the road? I'm running the Tera Grappler and it's time for new rubber... I like the look of the MTs

Go4Lo

Explorer
Nice truck! How are those Nittos on the road? I'm running the Tera Grappler and it's time for new rubber... I like the look of the MTs

For the two days they've been on the truck I have no complaints :sombrero:

As expected they do provide a nice little hum at hwy speeds but I must say they took very little weights to balance and there's no shimmy or vibes from them. Maybe it's just in my head but the truck seems to handle a bit better with the wider foot print of the 295s vs the 275s. All in all I really like them so far.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Nothing very exciting to report but I did have a few minutes of free time last night so I finished wiring up the combination lights in the ARB.

ARB.04.jpg

ARB.05.jpg

ARB.06.jpg

Oh and I got a welcome email from our friends at Slee with a preview of an upcoming delivery :wings:

Slee.01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior