G550 Eezi Awn K9 Roof Rack

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
The obvious solution was a commuter car.... so with 150mm legs, you still can't leave anything on the rac...why bother having the rack, sort of. Time for work day car ;) I hear VW tdi get great mileage but the current market is interesting...

You've changed how I look at the world. I'm going to quite my job, put all my gear on my rack and go hide on Mt. Hood with my truck. = D

silvElise

Adventurer
Eric,
Looking at racks in my near future I was pretty sold on the slimline lower profile front runner... I notice you mention the noise level on these as being horrible... How horrible is it?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Eric,
Looking at racks in my near future I was pretty sold on the slimline lower profile front runner... I notice you mention the noise level on these as being horrible... How horrible is it?

FWIW, I never had any complaints with my FR Cheetah(tall legs for under table). I had both their old front deflector design and their new deflector. I don't know how their new Slimline could be louder vs even quieter due to better technology/more testing.

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Eric,

I've had a Baja Rack, Slimline 2 and the Eezi Awn. The Slimline 2 was comparatively pretty loud because it's taller by 3/4 inch (height of the face, not from the roof) and the slats run horizontal vs. lengthwise. I don't even use the wind guard on my Eezi Awn, where as if I did the same on the Slimline 2, there would be massive buffeting sounds above 40 MPH. Don't get me wrong I love Frontrunner and have a ton of their stuff, much of which will fit on the K9.

The Baja was very quiet, and I loved the look of it... but man did the powder coating suck on it. Making things worse, it's steel vs. aluminum, which then led to tons of rust issues. I have a whole post on this on IH8MUD in the 200 series section. Might be ok if you live in southern Cal or AZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior