2009 Honda Fit expotastic build

Darkrider

Adventurer
Heh after reading this thread it has me looking at my Odyssey in a new light. I have driven the Fits before but being 6'2 and a preference for stick shifts in small vehicles..don't go so well in a Fit with its cramped pedal area. Thanks for thinking outside the box and inspiring others to do the same.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Heh after reading this thread it has me looking at my Odyssey in a new light. I have driven the Fits before but being 6'2 and a preference for stick shifts in small vehicles..don't go so well in a Fit with its cramped pedal area. Thanks for thinking outside the box and inspiring others to do the same.

Minivans would meet a lot of peoples needs as an adventure vehicle. For work I ran an awd caravan to super remote places throughout the country and it never got stuck or got a flat. The smooth floor and sliding doors made for an awesome place to be during bad weather. 1 time I had to *gasp* walk an extra mile to a trailhead but that is literally the only time it didn't work. Copious amounts of throttle were needed in certain situations but it held up fine.

The pedal area in the Fit is pretty cramped, but it can also heel toe. Trade offs I spose'

I did drive my Monty (first time it's been anywhere in a month) the other day on a 200 mile part dirt and pulled 23mpg which is really quite decent for a 4wd on 32's but I could have just as easily taken the Fit and probably will next time.
At this point the only reason I still have the Monty is nostalgia, it has a hitch, and the fact I would be lucky to get 4k for it even though it's minty.

Pilotamis

Observer
How far did you get with this? Just a quick internet search didn't provide much hope for getting another inch+ of clearance.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
It doesn't need more clearance.....

So far I've made it to every trailhead I've wanted to all while still pulling 38-41mpg.....I did add an underseat very small kenwood sub so the tuneage is a bit nicer. I would consider switching to 15" rims for a bit more sidewall comfort but the 16" helps with cornering on the pavement so on they stay.

Real question is if I take this or the Monty on my 4k mile road trip to MT for fishing later this month.....

Travelin _man

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!!
Nice Honda, Im fan of the small car/truck thing. I don't need a jacked up truck or anything like that for what I wanna do. I do a lot of road driving but im not afraid to take the car on a light trail or a dirt road lol. I used to travel all round here in Michigan in my 1989 Ford Festiva 1.3L carb car with a 5 speed manual. Got me between 38-42 mpg's. I now have a 2016 Focus 1.0L Ecoboost with a 6-Spped manual. Still working on the mileage on that one. If I was going to go with a small truck, id either run a 2.3L ranger standard cab or a S-10 2.2 or 4.3L standard cab. Have fun with the fit though!! Hopefully can see more from ya!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier