Ed's 1982 FJ40

Scott Brady

Founder
Joel did a great job with this article on Ed's very cool FJ40 with Adventure Trailer.

Read the article here

MainPhoto.jpg

This thread can also serve as an update spot for changes to Ed's 40

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

:victory: .......Ed's FJ is my dream machine....B~A~B~Y..............!!!!!!!!!! :victory: ........:bowdown:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Great write up Joel and compliments to the photographers!

Seeing Ed's 40 in person certainly convinced me to put the FJ40 on my short-list!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Great job Joel! :clapsmile

Ed's 40 is beautiful. It's a super nice set up to see on the trail.
I don't know which configuration I like better, with the tent up top or with the trailer in tow. I just know that I like it!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Indeed Ed's rig is a wonder... I hope to behold it in person someday. I've always been captivated by the FJ40 so doing a write-up on Ed's FJ was a little selfish on my part. ;)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Great write up Joel! And Ed, I still love your sweet 40! Are we gonna see it with the trailer at this years rally?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Great article! Nice job Joel :ylsmoke: Reading that definitely got me pumped up for another trip!

I have been lucky enough to be out on the trails with Ed's and Jonathan's FJ40's at the same time. Talk about expedition eye candy :) (drool).

Hey Ed, best of luck on your spectacular journey in the fall!

articulate

Expedition Leader
Oh YEAH. :ylsmoke:

I'm really impressed with the stuff that has less to do with Ed's vehicle. Such as the Shoulder to Shoulder program and (especially) this:
Ed remarks, “When I explore I mostly go alone. I look to remote areas and wilderness for time to be introspective, meditate, read, and just enjoy the beauty of creation that is all around us. It helps me refocus and unwind.”

It's in perfect opposition to the idea "If you don't come back with a broken rig, you didn't try hard enough." The beauty of wilderness exploration, whether by vehicle or foot, impresses some of us thusly: "If you don't come back a little more whole, just stay longer."

And Ed is well equipped to stay much longer. (For the love! THREE batteries?!?)

Here's to life. And FJ40s. And the places they can take us.

Mark

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
In case anyone wonders why Ed hasn't yet responded to these nice comments, it's because he is in England with his oldest daughter, who just graduated from college. I'm sure he'll catch up on the thread when he returns.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
That rock in the background of the 40 pic looks keenly like those surrounding the southern AZ border region, say, El Camino Del Diablo?

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Those are the photos and stories that dreams are made of - Nice write up - great photos - an amazing FJ40

...and Ed - a real cool guy to adventure with!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Great article :clapsmile Reminds me alot of my setup... :victory:

Ed, when you roll up this way on your Utah trip, give me some heads up, I would love to meet up with you in the middle of no where! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier