Offroad teardrop build

97kurt

Adventurer
I routed a recess in the shelf that holds the AC to kind of act as a bowl, coated it in epoxy then there is a hole in it with a vinyl tube to catch the water. I have not decided if I am just going to put a catch bottle in there or route the tube to the floor and out to the ground.

Back of the AC is covered and not exposed, there is about 3 to 4 inches of space behind the AC and I have a vent fan that pulls air up and out and exits via a 3" marine vent. NO IDEA if this is gonna suffice as I have only ran it for 10min at most. I may need to add a second vent and fan if not.

brushogger

Explorer
I routed a recess in the shelf that holds the AC to kind of act as a bowl, coated it in epoxy then there is a hole in it with a vinyl tube to catch the water. I have not decided if I am just going to put a catch bottle in there or route the tube to the floor and out to the ground.

Back of the AC is covered and not exposed, there is about 3 to 4 inches of space behind the AC and I have a vent fan that pulls air up and out and exits via a 3" marine vent. NO IDEA if this is gonna suffice as I have only ran it for 10min at most. I may need to add a second vent and fan if not.

Definitely route it to the ground. It will eventually plug up due to dust, mold, etc. and you will catch it much quicker. Actually dual drains are best. One from the Ac unit, and one from a catch pan. You can put some salt in the catch pan and a switch that will light a pilot lamp when the conductive water engages the contacts. A catch bottle would have to be very big and checked constantly in humid conditions. I used to work with drywall contractors, and would set up window units in buildings as dehumidifiers. It wasn't unusual for each unit to condense almost 5 gallons overnight when multiple rooms had been textured.

Last edited:

97kurt

Adventurer
Long overdue interior shots. Have yet to camp and run the AC so I now have a year to figure out and route the drain line.

And this is our temp setup till I make drawers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz