Street tires for 2008 L322

brickpaul65

Adventurer
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ar=2008&autoModel=Range Rover&autoModClar=HSE

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ar=2008&autoModel=Range Rover&autoModClar=HSE

I am considering those two tires for replacing the current Hankooks. They have worn poorly. I am not sure which model they are offhand. They came on it two years ago.

I am open to other suggestions but those two seem fairly strong candidates. It is the wife's street only car. So all terrains are not needed. I am wondering if the added wear resistance (and theoretical low rolling resistance) is worth the extra $ for the Michelin's.

We live in Knoxville, wet and dry performance is more important than snow. However, it does need to be an all season, as we get occasional snow and it is the wife's daily driver.

Thanks for any suggestions and input.

Paul

ntan

Adventurer
I'm debating this same question for my L322 when it comes time... will either replace with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (if I wanted something a little more offroad oriented). I have the Michelin LTX M/S2s on one of my Classics and really like that tire (noise, comfort, dry/wet traction, etc.).

LR Max

Local Oaf
I say go Michelin for street tires. Every vehicle I've ever known with Michelins on them rode very well and the tires performed very well.

zelatore

Explorer
Without even looking at the links I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence you won't regret Michelins. While I have no interest or info on street tires for a Rover, other than price Michelin is always a top tier tire.

GregInMI

I have run a few sets of 19" Bridgestone Alenzas on my wife's LR3 over 120k miles. They have performed and worn very well as long as the suspension is in good shape and aligned. They have been purely for grocery and car pool use but I can recommend them for on road use.

I only chose them over Michelins due to the price, Michelin makes great tires.

Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne