Scan Gauge 2 Problem....

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Not sure if this was the right place to put this, but, what the heck. I got a Scan Gauge 2 for my 2002 Tahoe. Plugged it in, and it meshed with my computer just fine.

BUT......:yikes:

The Scan Gauge 2 took my PIE AUX-9 Adapter off line, and completely confused my car stereo. ( in case anyone is not familiar, the PIE Adapter removes the factory cassette slot in the lower console and allows for an audio signal to be sent to the stereo via an RCA cable ) Since I use this for playing both my XM radio and my MP3 player, the PIE adapter is a pretty vital accessory in my truck. I had to unplug the SG, and disconnect my battery to get the stero to find the PIE again!

Anyone else here had this problem? Or heard of it? I emailed the company and am awaiting a reply.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Update from Linear Logic

I got a response from Linear Logic, who makes the Scan Gauge, today:

"We have seen this problem before in the past. What is happening is that back in 2001 a new OBDII protocol was introduced and certain pins that used to be used to set car stereo's were now only supposed to be used to communicate with the ECU. However a few manufacturers were a little slow on removing the stereo connection to those pins, thus when the ScanGauge attempts to use those pins it causes problems with the electronics connected to those pins. However, we have a special modified cable we can send you that will have those pins disconnected so the ScanGauge will not interfere with those electronics anymore."

So, they will be shipping me a modified cable to address the issue. Great customer service in my book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles