'79 K30 CREWCAB

Woofwagon

Adventurer
That is an awesome crew cab and a survivor too! Most of those trucks were rode hard and put away wet, just to rust away in the back 40. That is a score and a half for an expedition vehicle! Would make an awesome flat bed!

sweet trav

Adventurer
I'd be tempted to stay with the 4.11 gears. Yes generally 4.56s and 36"/37" tires are a good match, however your transmission has a nice creeper gear to get you thru places that need low speed, and the 37s will help with engine speed (and MPG) on longer trips. That 454 should have all the torque needed to move the beast anyways even if the gears ain't quite "right".

good points, thanks!

sweet trav

Adventurer
That is an awesome crew cab and a survivor too! Most of those trucks were rode hard and put away wet, just to rust away in the back 40. That is a score and a half for an expedition vehicle! Would make an awesome flat bed!

yep, Ive seen some really rough ones...and only a few nice ones.

sweet trav

Adventurer
The suspension I got for it is the ORD 6" with shackle flip kit for rear...maybe should have went with the longer spring pack instead...I need to add an airbag leveling kit for heavier loads/camper I think, any suggestions are welcome!

just installed a new stereo head unit and the bumper is a new addition too...craiglslist find!

oh, if youre looking at a lift kit make sure it'll work if you have headers...the spring pack bolt is real close to headers.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
With all the experience I have from old school Chevy rigs I would go with a truck like yours. The whole idea of a flatbed with a custom camper on it is pure genius. Think about having lock boxes for all your gear down low, and the custom camper up top! Wicked rig and please keep posting wih LOTS OF PICS! Cheers, Chilli...:):)

sweet trav

Adventurer
...well, Ive been seeing options and possibilities...I found a m1031 maintenance bed for sale near me which got my gears turning...and then I found this...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

sweet trav

Adventurer
I use to own an m105a trailer but sold it prior to owning the k30 but using that as a bed is also an interesting option...and then maybe put the m1031 maintenance bed on the m105a trailer frame to tow...I need to think about these options!

Bojak

Adventurer
Yeah I get lots of people stop me in this truck. Its off at paint currently. Nothing fancy but my shell will match at least. uploadfromtaptalk1448849861484.jpg

Jodah175

Wannabe
some inspiration for ya, my dream truck I built up in google sketchup:

squarebodydream1_zpspqoc8pxh.jpg

squarebodydream2_zpscomcf9kn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste