'79 K30 CREWCAB

Woofwagon

Adventurer
The snorkel is easy. You can get one for our squarebodies by modding a snorkel for a Toyota FJ60. Mount where you want it on the fender. Screw in the A-pillar mount plate and then use a heat gun to slightly bend the snorkel into plate to mount to the pillar plate. I have pics on my Woofwagon Beginning Pictures thread.

Where did you find the CHevy truck model in google sketch up?

mattcrouch1502

Observer
Going to be watching this one, I love the 73-87(91) crewcabs! What suspension setup did you get form ORD? I'm looking to pickup some of there stuff in the near future.

Last edited:

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
Such pretty crew cabs, I wish mine looked that good! I'll be watching your progress! I'm really digging the military box body swap on the camo crew cab, I'm not much enamored with the open military trailer bed swap on the black crew cab, I've seen a LOT of trucks with that swap and it rarely looks right to me. I'm (most likely) going to be shortening my crew cab and am debating between a shortened stock bed or an offroad flatbed with some rollover protection built in. (like all the rock crawler Toyota guys seem to run, something along that lines) I look forward to seeing more detail on your ORD suspension choices, I ran them in the past (on my K5 Jimmy I used to have (hence my screen name)) and loved their parts!

sweet trav

Adventurer
I went with their shackle flip setup and tuff country springs for now...there were a couple other things like sway bar disconnects, etc...it may change later but for now it's good.

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Hi Trav, truck is looking good, any big trips planned this year? I just put hydraboost, with a superduty rear axle and 4.10 gears in her. By the way, I have new 4.56 dana 60 yukon gears and setup kit for your chevy that I would make you a good deal on if your still going that way.

sweet trav

Adventurer
I have some small local trips in the works...we'll have to get together and go exploring.

Sounds like your rig is coming together nicely...I need to rebuild my carb (which is new to me) and maybe in the near future do an engine overhaul/rebuild. :/

I'll let ya know about the gears...I may be rebuilding the front axle too.

vgreen

Putting the G in RGB
Subscribed! How do you like the Tough Country springs? I just started a build thread today for my square body, and I think I'm going the same direction (although only 2.5in lift). Love those 3x3s.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Trav I would look into buying an aftermarket Edelbrock carb for your rig. I use one and it works great. They are often on sale for $150 new. I hope this helps. Cheers, chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste