Hi-Lift + Lift Mate to fix a flat tire?

verdesardog

Explorer
I have a hilift with custom base, lift mate and a PAIR of jack stands.

bottle jacks are just as dangerous and any other jack IMHO....I do have a 20 ton bottle jack but that's for lifting parts of houses.

landsharkman

Adventurer
I carry both a High lift with a Lift Mate and off road base as well as a bottle jack with Safe jack base and a complete Safe Jack, jack stand kit. I already owned an eight ton long lift bottle jack (11' to 23.5 inch), Safe Jack made me the custom piece to fit their accessories to it.

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Is this an option for you? I have one, but haven't needed it yet. I used it once just to be sure it will work when I do need it.

31AkFpAodbL.jpg

DSC05917340.jpg

sgregg108

Adventurer
So I'm new owner of a hi lift, any thoughts / tips for lifting from a 2" receiver opening? Is there an adaptor for the hi lift that makes it a more secure jacking point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verdesardog

Explorer
It's not a good idea to lift the whole rear of a vehicle with a hilift.. VERY unstable for that use!
Maybe a shackle for use with the hilift as a winch.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
Thanks, I have one of those but was thinking they're not that stable of a jack point?

I agree with Verdesardog that lifting from the receiver is not a stable way to do it, but this answers your question for a means for doing such a lift. There are times in life, of course, when such a lift would be desirable. The other way to do it, depending upon how far back under the bumper the receiver is, would be to use the Lift Mate on the receiver's chain hook loops.

sgregg108

Adventurer
I agree with Verdesardog that lifting from the receiver is not a stable way to do it, but this answers your question for a means for doing such a lift. There are times in life, of course, when such a lift would be desirable. The other way to do it, depending upon how far back under the bumper the receiver is, would be to use the Lift Mate on the receiver's chain hook loops.

Good call with the chain hook loops. I'll give that a shot in the driveway and see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior