isuzu FTS 700 camper

sloth142

Observer
these are the pics of the cab work, i used 7 SQM of resomat insulation. i had the intentions of laying down big pieces but with the shape of the floor and stuff i had to cut it into sections. 3 days work just laying this down then 1 day of taping all the joins with aluminium tape.IMG_1110.jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1137.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
It is hard for me to give you a definitive answer to that question, as I did not do any temperature or sound testing prior to installing the Dynamat, but it definitely seems quieter than other trucks that I have been in. I also added some additional insulation in the roof, but it is hard to reduce the cab temperature, given the amount of glass it has, but ya gotta try, don't ya....

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
has it made much difference ?

My opinion only. I did my last Canter with 100% coverage. Made a vast difference. Used about 10square metres. When I say 100% I mean every surface of metal in the cab so even under the dash and as far up the b pillars as I could reach which made that job quite big. I even had the brake booster and AC out.

I'm doing a VW crewcab at the moment and hoping to get about 60% coverage with one 6.6sq/m box. I took a video of me tapping one of the doors with and one without but it doesn't really demonstrate how good it is. Dynamat is the only product I've had any success with. Very easy to install but it certainly does cost enough here in Oz.

Last edited:

sloth142

Observer
yea i used 7 SQM just in the floor alone, i used resomat as dynamat was way to expensive to cover that area, its pretty much the same product but you don't pay for the name, i also used aluminium tape which you use to tape up joints in HVAC systems instead of using the dynamat tape, same stuff but you get more for your money. i had to wear sunnys when doing it in the middle of the day. it was like a tanning machine whilst inside the cab.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
yea i used 7 SQM just in the floor alone,............,,,,,,,,,,i had to wear sunnys when doing it in the middle of the day. it was like a tanning machine whilst inside the cab.

Hahaha. That's funny. I used the black Dynamat so didn't get the added benefit of a tan....never used any tape though. Just overlapped the edges of the sheets....... And yeah. The FTS is a much bigger cab than a Canter so I could see how the sq meterage might run away.

sloth142

Observer
i used the tape along the edges to act as a seal in case some corners lifted or where showing when i layed the vynal back down and stuck to it as I'm thinking of replacing it at a later date. and it made it look a lot neater as you can see the over laps. (not that it matter cause ya can't see it )

sloth142

Observer
well i got around to doing a little more to the rig, fabed up the bed frame/storage, fridge/freezer box, just need to put some carpet down on it now. ( just for the record I'm not a carpenters arsehole)
IMG_1225.jpgIMG_1223.jpgIMG_1220.jpgIMG_1219.jpgIMG_1217.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94