isuzu FTS 700 camper

Bris31

Adventurer
well i got around to doing a little more to the rig, fabed up the bed frame/storage, fridge/freezer box, just need to put some carpet down on it now. ( just for the record I'm not a carpenters arsehole)

Looks very professional :sombrero:

May I ask where did you buy the ladder (any link will be helpful).

Cheers

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
You walked up the same steps into my camper Brij :)

I got mine from amazon and the shipping was quite reasonable.

Alastair: Did you add the black grippy stuff or is that standard now?

Alastair D(Aus)

aging but active
No black grippy stuff. As they came to me they were plain aluminium but with a heavily grooved leading edge section that provides plenty of grip. I was surprised at how little flex there was - I am heavy. Also they nicely adjust to a wide variation of ground height without tilting the steps much. good product.

The only issue we have had is that the dog will happily walk down the stairs but baulks at going up because I think she can see through them and feels insecure. Will try some carpeting to see if that fools her.

Bris31

Adventurer
You walked up the same steps into my camper Brij :)

I got mine from amazon and the shipping was quite reasonable.

Hi Shannon, I remember that and checked the Amazon site but it says this item does not ship to Brisbane. Looks like they use to send to Australia but not anymore.

They are Glow Steps - made in USA. Best source I found in Aus was Palamino Campers in Hervey Bay.
http://www.palominorvaustralia.com.au/accessories/
scroll down until you see them

Thanks for the lead, will check that. Also need to see how they can be fitted permanently underneath the frame. I have now less space with a new box which is fitted next to my narrow boat ladder.

sloth142

Observer
i got mine second hand, apparently there good for 200kg, ill check what brand they are and get back to yas.

sloth142

Observer
ok the ones i have are called hijacker, from victoria industries limited 4224 commerce circle victoria, bc v8z 6n6, thats whats written on the sticker, hope this helps

sloth142

Observer
sweet i think it worked this time, so the first couple are the inside just about finished, just need fridge slides and the last two are with the super singles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior