Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Good to see some dust build up on the rear window Kurt. I know all those other "dirt" photo ops were staged. :ylsmoke:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Good to see some dust build up on the rear window Kurt. I know all those other "dirt" photo ops were staged. :ylsmoke:

:D

I'll admit, I've been a bit gunshy to use it on trips this past winter/spring but I'm warming up to using it as I get it more and more complete. See the 100 Series is just dialed, I don't have to sweat any details just toss food/bev into the fridge and some clothes and I'm good to go. For the 200 I still need to finish electrical upgrades including the dual batteries and underhood compressor, comms, etc. BUT this last trip was ~400 miles in the dirt across Southern Utah and I must say... :cool:

RedX

We've done a fair number of ARB rear bumper installs here in the shop but this was the first dual swing utilizing the factory park sensor system..

What did this end up doing as far as the back up camera? I can say I cars I've had in the past I enjoy having the camera and my wife has did she won't buy another car without one, that being said, is there a option to move the cameras with a dual swing set up or is there enough space that you are still able to utilize the rear camera?

“I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.” –Henry David Thoreau
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

What did this end up doing as far as the back up camera? I can say I cars I've had in the past I enjoy having the camera and my wife has did she won't buy another car without one, that being said, is there a option to move the cameras with a dual swing set up or is there enough space that you are still able to utilize the rear camera?

“I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.” –Henry David Thoreau
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've left it in place for now, the viewing angle is limited by the tire carrier and jerry can colder but it's sill functional. It absolutely can be reloaded using am available ARB relocation kit.

mattv94

Good looking build. How are you coming along weight wise?

This model year has a payload of 1580, correct?

cruiseroutfit

Good looking build. How are you coming along weight wise?

This model year has a payload of 1580, correct?

Honestly, not to worried about the published payload. If it accelerated, stops and turns comfortably, I'm good :D

I'll get it weighed when finished.

cruiseroutfit

Is that teh HEMA 200 from OZ?? How did it get there lol

On a boat :D

Yes, that is the HEMA 200. We had it in the shop for a few days doing some maintenance and inspection in prep for their upcoming North America mapping expedition. Somewhat ironic as I spent some time in this very 200 when I was in Australia with Expeditions7. I had previously spent time in US spec 200's but blasting around the mountains near Brisbane in this twin-turbo beast really woke me up to the 200 platform, particularly how much I liked the handling when loaded up. Fast forward a few years and I got to spend time with both of them in the same day. :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Should just keep the 100 and the 200. You can never have too many land cruisers can you? :sombrero:

You don't even know. Sadly my wife isn't quite on the same page.

I'm excited to get back on the 200 build, I been traveling a ton as of late but I'm ready to dive back in.

cruiseroutfit

So new tires happened and I'm glad they did.

grabberx3_2.jpg

Now equipped with the Grabber X3 mud-terrain tires.

As some of you know I've spent some time traveling with the ExpeditionOverland crew the past couple of years. General Tire offered up some sets of pre-production X3's to the XO fleet for testing and feedback and I was able to get a set of 5 for the 200 Series. I've been very impressed with these tires. Certainly more noise than the K02's but less than KM2's in my not so scientific seat of the pants comparison. They are extremely durable based on my my initial trail time with them. I just completed a trip with XO (more on that soon :cool:) that included many miles of tight timber trails. While we had guys out of foot for what felt like the entire way sawing and clearing deadfall, the tires were still getting the proverbial poke and prod from a variety of trunks and limbs. There was a point where we had a limb deflecting ~4" into the sidewall of the aired down tire and I was 100% positive the tire was going to roll out with a sidewall puncture. Nope, not even mark. General is really hyping their "Duragen" ply technology and I'm not hear to say it's better or worse than BFG's TriGard's or Goodyear's Dupont-Kevlar sidewalls but I'm pretty ecstatic how they've held up thus-far.

grabberx3_1.jpg

Prior to that trip I did a big southern Utah traverse in the 200 as a pre-run for the Drive to the Summit trip. We were running pretty fast/hard and I ran the tires fully inflated on a variety of trail surfaces from hard pack dirt to sand and gravel. No complaints, they were compliant, held traction nicely and didn't pick up an obnoxious amount of gravel in the treads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94