The Mothership

huskyhauler

Adventurer
OK, I've tried replying twice - and niether posted... I'm just learning that I can't post links yet... so, sorry this took so long to get back to you.

I'm using 36" 250# drawer slides from tchweb that were recommended elsewhere in this forum - I'd send a link but I can't. So far they seem good and sturdy - although I haven't built my drawers yet, so we'll see. They were really inexpensive for what appears to be high quality stuff.

I'm building one big drawer on the right, and one smaller drawer on the left with room for a plastic storage bin under the left drawer. That way we have a spot to throw wet stuff if we need it.

As for a mattress I'm using an IKEA foam mattress... they are inexpensive and have a removable cover that's washable. I've used them in previous rigs too, pretty great for the price.

My next step after drawers is curtains - any great ideas out there for hanging curtains in a Savana/Express passenger van?

Tom

We also use an IKEA foam mattress in our rig. If you really want to sleep like a king pick up a CostCo memory foam pad to go on top of it. The memory foam on top of the foam mattress is incredibly comfortable, yet still maneuverable enough to fold up and out of the way if need be.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
...My next step after drawers is curtains - any great ideas out there for hanging curtains in a Savana/Express passenger van? Tom

I've heard good things about curtain-tracks.com and I think their flexible track will make its way into my rig.
6100-H-heavy-flexible-curtain-track_3.jpg

Although I think a cleaner, more practical system (easy to un-snap and throw in the washing machine for example) setup could be made in a van using whatever curtain material/color/pattern you like, sewing some snap tape to it,
file_23_25.jpg
then using snap carriers
file_24_7.jpg
to carry the curtain along some
32124-s-Ceiling-Mount-Low-Profile-Curtain-Track-Silver_1.jpg
ceiling mounted track. The same track in available in wall mount too. The same track and carriers would be reused with different curtains (night and day, summer and winter, etc) and like I said, the curtain just snaps out and right back in.

Last edited:

Vandit

Observer
x2 on curtain-tracks.com

I used their RECMAR 5400 tracks over the windows in my last van. Simple, cost effective, a few color choices, and their service/shipping was great. The tracks keep the curtains secure enough for off-road, but by utilizing the snaps you can easily remove the curtains for cleaning.

BigC

Observer
Really like the look of that RECMAR 5400, that will probably find it's way into my van eventually.

tipk99

Awesome, thanks for the ideas and link to curtaintracks... I'll have to do some thinking. And learn to sew....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz