Newbie kayak question

coastsider

Adventurer
Looking for advice/recommendations for a sit on hard shell tandem kayak. Must be able to convert to solo and be comfortable in flat water as well as calm ocean cove paddling. We have an Aire tandem Tomcat inflatable at the moment which is made for white water of course, and we've had plenty of fun with it on the rivers, but not so good on the lakes etc. Or is there a way to convert the IK with a skeg or something to make it more versatile? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
We've enjoyed our Wilderness tandem. Has a middle seat for single paddling and my 7 year old when all three of us our out. We've fished from it with all three of us in it in the ocean. My son caught his first fish from it in Stillwater Cove in Monterrey Bay.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I know you said hard shell, but check out the Sea Eagle Fast Track. We absolutely love them. Here's a video of them in use when we paddled Labyrinth Canyon. We had Aire boats before, and we much prefer the Sea Eagle. The main difference is the drop-stitch floor. It pumps up hard at 15 psi, and you can even stand up on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste