Quaife limited slip rear diff for Xterra/Frontier C200k

Offroad_scott

If you haven't been able to locate a R180 diff check out carparts.com I believe it is a national search engine of wrecking yards.

Scott

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
So I've stumbled upon a great deal on an M205 front diff and M226 rear axle, already set up with ARBs and gears in both. Also found a pair of Pathfinder V8 front CV shafts to go with the M205 while keeping stock Xterra control arms.

Unfortunately this means the helical LSD project is canceled before it even got started :(

Is anyone interested in purchasing these two diffs (Quaife for the C200 and Subaru OEM for the R180) and continuing where I left off?

Dmski

Adventurer
Bummer I was looking forward to hearing about this! But that is certainly the move if you are able to get front and rear gears with ARBs.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Yeah I really believe that the excellent traction control system on the Xterra would make these diffs really effective. I'm disappointed I won't be able to test it out, but after breaking two R180's and one C200 the best value for me is to go with the M205 and M226 (with ARBs).

If I hadnt come across the deal I did (complete front and rear diffs, fully rebuilt with 10k miles, ARBs and 4.56s, at less than half of new replacement cost) I'd absolutely be moving forward with the LSDs as the best value solution.

Hoping somebody else wants to try it out!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Yeah I really believe that the excellent traction control system on the Xterra would make these diffs really effective. I'm disappointed I won't be able to test it out, but after breaking two R180's and one C200 the best value for me is to go with the M205 and M226 (with ARBs).

If I hadnt come across the deal I did (complete front and rear diffs, fully rebuilt with 10k miles, ARBs and 4.56s, at less than half of new replacement cost) I'd absolutely be moving forward with the LSDs as the best value solution.

Hoping somebody else wants to try it out!

4.56s? Those are awfully low gears

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Its all relative. The truck will be at 3000rpm at 75mph. Thats similar to about every other 4x4 I've had. Also, 95% of my driving is on secondary roads at speeds under 50 anyways.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
:) I agree!

My next set will be taller, I cant decide between a 285/75R18 Toyo MTs on OEM Titan steel rims (with adapter spacers) or 35x10.50R16 Interco SSRs.

I love my KM2s though. A 285/85R16 35x11) KM2 would be my dream tire.

ssnead

Staus of the Quaife?

Do you still have the Quaife? Anyone try this?

Is the QDF10L or 11L - i.e. auto 370Z < 4:08 ratio or QDF11L - Manual 370Z - 4.08

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94