Removable tray camper with crawl-through? Anyone got / seen / built one?

chosen

Observer
Been thinking a lot, I mean a LOT about what will suit my family and I with regards to purchasing a canter / Isuzu 4x4 truck. One thing that is a must have in our mind is a crawl-through!

That said, a truck is so useful in my mind to keep as a truck, much easier to justify... so am considering a removable back camper section that can be placed on / off when we go away / return.

I know of permanent mounted campers with crawl-through, or removable campers without but haven't ever seen nor heard of one with crawl-through that is removable. Guess it would need a door or wing nut on hatch.

Any thoughts, ideas, especially photos of them would be appreciated in our planning process.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I do not see any technical issues with doing the pass-thru itself, but there could be other issues you have not considered.
From what I know, a tray truck needs to have a barrier behind the cab. I would think that you would need to inquire as the legal requirements of that barrier before making any other design plans.

chosen

Observer
That's good advice there - I will check out ADR's before wasting much more thought on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior