Homemade faucet/sink setups?

trailscape

Explorer
That's a great looking setup. I was considering something like that built into a trailer tongue box, but I was concerned about having the pump placed in with the electronics. I had them in two different small boxes previously and there was some condensation when using the pump for hot water.

vati kaki

Observer
106c07d30035fcf3a6e8031dcd653180.jpg
bd389c1bb99ef4add7104438b1ccc165.jpg
4d56b93e32201b6704f9c24374dec5d8.jpg

I run my setup with this just removed shower head

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I like the ideas seen here. Livingoverland.com has a cool set up to put a faucet and pump into a water can (like scepter). I believe it was featured on this site once. I have one, and really like it, but wanted to try something that does not require power for use outside the privy to wash hands/brush teeth/etc. Its over the top to need a sink for that, I know, but I like to tinker... I tried using a stainless salad bowl, but couldnt figure out a water reservoir to draw from. I had decided to use an RV hand pump like the trailer guys use on their 19 gallon tanks on the trailer tongue. It seemed the easiest way to 'pump' water without power,but needed a 'tank' to draw from, and a 'sink' to catch the water.
I started from scratch and bent up some sheet stainless, then had a buddy who can weld stainless help me, and came up with this.......
The whole thing becomes the reservoir, filled through the hole for the faucet to mount. the drain goes through the reservoir and out the back and into any receptacle (i use a jug and use the water to put out the fire). Its a little finicky when washing your hands, because you need one hand to pump the water, but it works great, and I had fun making it.
The stand is just some junk plywood cut so that it slots together in the middle. (Sorry, it looks like this site is rotating my pics when uploading, you get the idea though.).
IMG_0264.JPGIMG_0265.JPGIMG_0266.JPGIMG_0268.JPGIMG_0267.JPG

vati kaki

Observer
uploadfromtaptalk1454024700495.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454024714469.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454024721488.jpg
Made this today .Sealed it with butcher block oil.I may add a faucet.still need to make cutting bords, to put in holes to use it as a table.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alia176

Explorer
Me too! Left my info so when they get back in stock. They seem to have been on back order for quite a while. They say it is the pump that they can't find. Are there not other small, submersible water pumps out there that would work?
Maybe the pump is food grade and hard to source?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
The actual pump used is a Whale GP1002. I could never find a US source, but here's an eBay listing that's had a great price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/321374942529

I was thinking of this one on Amazon as an alternative, but no idea how it compares.
Rule iL200 Marine 200 GPH Inline Submersible Pump
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O892R0

Here's the faucet.
SHURflo (94-009-10) White Electric Faucet SHURFLO
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CMEQSC

Maybe the pump is food grade and hard to source?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Whale makes fantastic pumps.

All I've come across are 100% serviceable and parts are easy to get.

Ive got a whale gusher foot pump in my custom camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94