Rack for 4Runner TRD Pro

1k2go

Hey guys -

Been lurking here for a bit. Just got allocation for a TRD Pro 4Runner that I pick up tomorrow. Any suggestions on racks? Thinking frontrunner or k9, but I figure I'd ask the professionals. Next will be a Tepui tent and some rigid lights.... maybe a CBI bumper/tiremount.

Thanks a ton,
TJ

H

High Country Nomads

I originally purchased an ARB Touring rack for my TRDP, after a few months the look and capacity didn't do it for me. Now I love my K-9 Rack. With my tent installed I have room for plenty of stuff in front or behind. When the tent is off, I can load my kayak and plenty of gear. It's more useful than the ARB. If you run to the lumber yard, you can even stack plywood and long boards up top.
IMG_5671.jpgIMG_5673.jpg

H

High Country Nomads

Reach out to Paul or Kristen @ Equipt. I had my rack delivered 36 hours after I ordered it.
Paul May
Paul@Equipt1.com

Here's another angle. IMG_5676.JPGIMG_5677.JPGIMG_5678.JPG

H

High Country Nomads

I've owned 2 ARB racks, 1 Eezi Awn and 1 Baja Rack and the Eezi Awn in my opinion has been the best buy of all them. My main issue w/ the Baja was that I couldn't mount my Yakima attachments to it without buying Baja's bulky attachments at $100 or so a pair. The ezzi awn attachments brackets range from $20-$50 for most items.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Does Prinsu Design make a full 5th gen rack yet? His Tacoma and land cruiser racks are insane.

Prinsu was the first place I went when I saw this thread. Unfortunately nothing on the site....but I'm sure it can/will be done. It can't be that much different from the 10-13 T4R. And, I agree, those racks look awesome.

Box Rocket

I know Zach at Prinsu was looking for a donor 5th Gen 4Runner for measurements recently so I'm sure he's got a rack in the works that should be available soon. I love my Prinsu rack on my Cruiser!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94