Kira Van at Sema

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
This thing is huge and looks totally over the top with some crazy craftsmanship.... Looks like they reused part of the original MaxiMog trailer I helped build in Germany. kiravan02.jpgkiravan.jpg

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
This thing is a technological masterpiece and has some very cool ideas....but is utterly impractical as a actual overland vehicle.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Now its clear why they ran out of room this year and had to cancel on people coming with vehicles - The KiraVan took up all of the space!

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
It looks like he borrowed my idea of re-purposing Vetus engine vents. I used them as in and out convection vents for cooling the back of the fridge.

http://www.vetus.com/ventilation/air-suction-vents.html

sjCDthg.jpg

Victorian

Wondering what's behind that vent now? When we build it, I believe it was just a spot to hide the waterlines and such. maximog swingout.jpg

MLu

Adventurer
Are my eyes deceiving me, or does the pop-up roof have a roof-top tent? Finally something that deserves an ExPo sticker.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Are my eyes deceiving me, or does the pop-up roof have a roof-top tent? Finally something that deserves an ExPo sticker.

No, it does have that. A perfect shoe-in for the sticker. You're absolutely right.

Did you also notice that swing-out entrance? You have to lift the roof to open the door. Makes it somewhat of a project if you forget something in there after you have packed it all down and are in the unimog.

Victorian

No, it does have that. A perfect shoe-in for the sticker. You're absolutely right.

Did you also notice that swing-out entrance? You have to lift the roof to open the door. Makes it somewhat of a project if you forget something in there after you have packed it all down and are in the unimog.

There is one more step! :coffee: 1. lift the roof 2. open the swing out 3. raise the glass roof at the entrance

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
There is one more step! :coffee: 1. lift the roof 2. open the swing out 3. raise the glass roof at the entrance

LOL, how could I have missed that!

What a stupid vehicle it is. I mean, I get building something that is OTT, as it can sometimes be inspiring, just to see what is possible. But that opening is just stupid to me.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
LOL, how could I have missed that!

What a stupid vehicle it is. I mean, I get building something that is OTT, as it can sometimes be inspiring, just to see what is possible. But that opening is just stupid to me.

Good security when it's locked up in storage, try prying that thing open. :D

WininUtah

Adventurer
I was leaving Sema and walked by this, wish I'd had time to really look it over. Like others my big ?? is where does it fit off-road?

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
What's that front compartment for? And it has a lift top?!?

Edit: I figured it out. It's the Electro-Optical compartment.
annotated_overall-960x600.jpg

This isn't an expedition vehicle. It's an expedition mobile laboratory!

http://kiravan.net/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier