dual battery sillinoid set up Help

esemanjrrez66

I have a 95 Chevy g20 with a two wire alternator. Can anyone help me. Explain to me how to wire a dual battery solenoid set up. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

unseenone

Explorer
How your alternator is wired should not matter. Typically, there is a positive lead from the + on the primary to the solenoid then a wire from there to the 2nd battery. The 2nd battery is then grounded near where you locate it. Here is what I use, and a general diagram which should help you. Just scroll down this page for the simple diagram.

There are a lot of options and opinions out there.

esemanjrrez66

I already have a 4post silenoid i took frm an intelitec battery guard,i just need to know how to wire it. You have a great set up and maybe ill get one down the road but for now i just need insall help. ...really appriciate the advice you've given so far.

unseenone

Explorer
I wasn't trying to get you to buy one. I just figured the wiring diagram would help show you how the wiring goes. As you see in the diagram, you do not wire directly to the alternator. Honestly, if you are struggling at this point, you might want to seek out a professional, or see if there is a forum member near you that can help.

That said... the basic wiring is in the above diagram.. the controller/seleniod is going to go where the USI-160 goes. All the way at the very bottom of the page on the link I provided are 3 diagrams.

How do you plan on activating and deactivating it?

esemanjrrez66

dual battery solenoid setup help

I was just now on the web looking for a solenoid that I can use. Sorry I didn't mean to come off rude. I really appreciate your help. On thi type or isolator on/off is done by usinf a spare fuse / igition fuse/ in fuse box(that my ve;icle dont have by the way)and while engine is on. The batt's are joined and when engine off they isolate///hey i do residntial electrical but automotive /dc is different in alot of ways

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94