FWC Price Increase Coming Dec. 1st, 2015

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
The Eagle is just about the width of the truck itself, the Fleet is 6" wider. I chose not to have to look at an extra 3" of camper in my rear view mirrors and like the fact that I don't have to worry about the extra width when in tight spots, but the Fleet is more popular than the Eagle on Tacomas so I am in the minority.

NikonRon

Adventurer
The wide body has its pluses but looking out the mirrors is not one of them. Also hate to give up 10" in length to make the bumper issue go away.

adam88

Explorer
I was also wondering why the flatbeds are so much more. It doesn't include the flatbed. Looking at a hefty investment there for sure!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
The wide body has its pluses but looking out the mirrors is not one of them. Also hate to give up 10" in length to make the bumper issue go away.

The Fleet allow 3 different floor plans, and the addition of a Cassette Toilet and or inside shower with a Front Dinette Layout. Some beaches on the east coast have certain rules that need to be met in order to camp there, so sometimes the cassette (built-in option) is a must. We can get creative with grey water solutions when needed as well.

An Eagle only comes in the roll-over couch layout, which provides ample sleeping room, but getting a table in there to eat when it is raining out is pretty tough, or a side dinette. As with anything, it is all about what you are after.

Last edited:

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
The Fleet allow 3 different floor plans, and the addition of a Cassette Toilet and or inside shower with a Front Dinette Layout. Some beaches on the east coast have certain rules that need to be met in order to camp there, so sometimes the cassette (built-in option) is a must. We can get creative with grey water solutions when needed as well.

An Eagle only comes in the roll-over couch layout, which provides ample sleeping room, but getting a table in there to eat when it is raining out is pretty tough. As with anything, it is all about what you are after.

My 2014 Eagle has a side dinette, FWIW.

Do those beaches allow PETT toilets, or does it have to be inside the camper instead of in an outside enclosure? There is room in my Eagle for a cassette toilet but I'd rather not have to carry one.

Thanks.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
CCHOC good catch, shows how many Eagles we have sold (0), but still no Front Dinette with Cassette option available here. A number of our customers have gotten away with the built in cassette, but the removable porta potti doesn't fly.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
CCHOC good catch, shows how many Eagles we have sold (0), but still no Front Dinette with Cassette option available here. A number of our customers have gotten away with the built in cassette, but the removable porta potti doesn't fly.

What exactly is the rule at those beaches? I assume it's more than just packing everything out? So far I've not been anywhere that is more strict than that as far as waste.

Thanks.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
What exactly is the rule at those beaches? I assume it's more than just packing everything out? So far I've not been anywhere that is more strict than that as far as waste.

Thanks.

Some require built-in black water, and grey water equal to fresh water tank capacity. I think this is just to prevent people dumping on the beaches, etc.

XJINTX

Explorer
I received an email notifying us of the increased prices. Just returned from a rainy trip with a bud who has a full sized slide-in and not popup. He had the back awning. My wife really liked that idea for getting in and out in the rain. The email I received stated that the rear awning may be discontinued? Is this something I could install on my brand new Hawk? Anyone have any input on the pros or cons of it? I have a side awning already.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
I received an email notifying us of the increased prices. Just returned from a rainy trip with a bud who has a full sized slide-in and not popup. He had the back awning. My wife really liked that idea for getting in and out in the rain. The email I received stated that the rear awning may be discontinued? Is this something I could install on my brand new Hawk? Anyone have any input on the pros or cons of it? I have a side awning already.

I have the rear awning on my Eagle and like it for rainy days. If your camper has a 'channel' above the rear door, that is what the awning slides into and you should just be able to get the awning itself.

IMG_0901.jpg

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I haven't seen the rear awning in use, in person. Mine has the channel and it would sure be handy. But the pictures I've seen really make it look like the top/sidewalls are stressed and pulling the roof toward the back with the awning deployed. Usually you can see a "wrinkle" in the soft sides. I wonder if it stretches it out over time.

Does anyone who uses it have any comments?

XJINTX

Explorer
I haven't seen the rear awning in use, in person. Mine has the channel and it would sure be handy. But the pictures I've seen really make it look like the top/sidewalls are stressed and pulling the roof toward the back with the awning deployed. Usually you can see a "wrinkle" in the soft sides. I wonder if it stretches it out over time.

Does anyone who uses it have any comments?

Anybody have any input on this? I believe I would only use mine in Rain but...

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
It could just have been the photos I've seen in the past. Maybe strapped down too tight or something, who knows. Looks like the price was nearly $400 several years ago so it seems a little less attractive to me, although it would be very handy around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier