Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thanks again. So overall length is something like 289"/24'?
I would love to have the easier to work on engine compartment. However, Since I park in town frequently, the extra 3'+ would be a major problem. I hate working under the hood the couple of days a year... passenger compartment is ok because Crestline designed it to extend into the Ambo box... being able to fit into a 20'ish parking space most days of the week is worth it.

However, if I needed a 4x4 Expedition vehicle, I'd be all over a type I.

yzeevy

Adventurer
New set of 6 tires

I need a new set of 6 tires, _ A/T 225/70 R 19.5.
I know its a major expense.
I would like to install for around $200 a peace.
Any recommendations?
Thanks

patoz

Expedition Leader
You might check with Chris at U-Joint Off Road (UJOR) on this forum. Sometimes he has like-new tires and rims he takes off vehicles when they upgrade to larger tires and rims.

The only thing though, he is located in Fletcher, NC so the shipping may not make it worthwhile for you.

yzeevy

Adventurer
You might check with Chris at U-Joint Off Road (UJOR) on this forum. Sometimes he has like-new tires and rims he takes off vehicles when they upgrade to larger tires and rims.

The only thing though, he is located in Fletcher, NC so the shipping may not make it worthwhile for you.
Probably, and I'll never buy something, especially used, without checking it out thoroughly.
I have a brand new spare, Continental HDR, around $350 a piece, maybe I'll go for that.
BTW, I do need a dot to have double space

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I measured today and I it came out (Give or take an Inch or two):
BOX - 149" / 12' 5"
CABIN - 115" / 8' 19"
WHOLE UNIT - 264" / 22'

Wow that's pretty darn good. 22' is a bit less than I would have thought. I was expecting ~23'.

patoz

Expedition Leader

BTW, I do need a dot to have double space

That's interesting, but I wonder why?

Are you posting with a cell phone, and if so are you using Tapatalk? I use a computer and don't need it, plus I'm on another forum that uses this same software, and nobody on there has to use it either.

It's no big deal, I just thought I might save you a little bit of hassle that's all.

yzeevy

Adventurer
Yesterday and today, with the help of my new generator, I opened the back wall of the
two vertical external compartments.
Now I need to organize shelves and I'll find a carpenter to install me some nice wooden doors.
Any advice about the type of shelves, considering that this is a mobile / moving vehicle?!
Maybe a deep plastic rectangle container?
20151108_111929_006.jpg
20151108_112142_007.JPG
20151108_131848_008.jpg

yzeevy

Adventurer
I copied your post and add a space between the sentences. I use a laptop:

That's interesting, but I wonder why?

Are you posting with a cell phone, and if so are you using Tapatalk?

I use a computer and don't need it, plus I'm on another forum that uses this same software,
and nobody on there has to use it either.

It's no big deal, I just thought I might save you a little bit of hassle that's all.

let see

patoz

Expedition Leader
Yep, I do a little computer repair on the side, and little things like that drive me nuts until I can find a solution to what's causing it.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
22' isn't so bad...without the bumper Crestline E350s are about 20', but 22 would still fit most places. It's kinda funny, but 23' seems so much longer but 22' seems workable.

As for shelves, you'll want them to be secure and extra strong. I've found that the metal shelves in the ambulance quickly collapse if I have any weight on them and go over a bump... the metal clips simply pop out of the rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz