2011 Ram 1500 - "The Basics" Build

biohzrd

IMAG1188.jpg
IMAG1183.jpg
IMAG0098.jpg

Hopefully these will give you an idea of how the install is. You cut off the bumper mounts, use the bracket to make a template of where to drill your holes, insert the support tubes that come with the bumper, and then bolt it on. I was able to do it in my car port in about 3hrs start to finish. It will come with some instructions that are pretty detailed.
I ended up having to remove my tow hooks, and fog lights for the install. I mounted a set of 6" led lights angled down and out, and just wired them into the original fog light harnesses. Still working like factory just twice as bright.

jerstw

Adventurer
Biohzrd - Thanks for the pics. Did you have any issues lining up the center of the bumper with the centerline of the grill?

jerstw

Adventurer
The kore bumper is one of the best looking on the market. You need it on your truck asap!

Agree...certainly is one of the more functional ones I have seen from an approach angle point of view, just wish there was a decent option for keeping tow-hooks or better yet Kore offering a winch mounting plate.

I attempted to explain to the wife the truck 'needed' it and we were being foolish to have not already ordered it, she gave me that look that says "That's fine Dear, go ahead and order whatever your truck needs, just make sure you know I am going on a clothes and purse shopping trip of equal value". May have to put a kidney up on eBay.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
"That's fine Dear, go ahead and order whatever your truck needs, just make sure you know I am going on a clothes and purse shopping trip of equal value". May have to put a kidney up on eBay.

I live in a similar world, except she removes the words "clothes and purse shopping". This is a win for me as for some reason she likes ME to come on these "trips". LSAT time it was Hawaii during the Billabong Pro. "Oh no, dear, don't make me go!!"

biohzrd

Had no problems at all lining it up and getting it centered. It comes with shims/spacers and instructions on how to do the measurements to get it right. Very easy to install with basic hand tools. The most exotic tool you will need is a sawzall.
Like stated by others one of the main reasons why I went with this bumper was the added approach angle, and that it is tied into the cross member, and not just the frame. It is the same bumper as the ramrunner, but about 600 less if you buy it right from KORE. Winch mount is not difficult to fab up. Hardest part is deciding if you want to cut the beautiful skid plate to install the farelead.

jerstw

Adventurer
Hey Hovenator - I did check out the ADD one, nice stuff and certainly appreciate the winch mount option. Something about the lines and overall look of the Kore one I prefer. Plus, for the price difference I am leaning towards the Kore.

Last edited:

jerstw

Adventurer
Did get one more piece to the recovery gear pile today...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884691.040717.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884702.239157.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884714.374222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884723.875303.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884732.509984.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447884742.411210.jpg

The hose and gauge are going to get swapped out for some Flexzilla cold weather hose and then likely an Autometer tire gauge of some sort. The pump itself looks pretty sweet and better quality than I was expecting. When it stops raining outside I will hook it up and see how it does.

Last edited:

jerstw

Adventurer
I live in a similar world, except she removes the words "clothes and purse shopping". This is a win for me as for some reason she likes ME to come on these "trips". LSAT time it was Hawaii during the Billabong Pro. "Oh no, dear, don't make me go!!"

Redthies - Sounds like a great partner to have if her idea of 'getting even' is taking you to the island...lucky man.

Last edited:

jerstw

Adventurer
Hey Oddity - It's pretty large, this picture of it in the bag, which is 80% the pump, and that is a 32oz Nalgene bottle next to it. The bag with hose and gauge its about the size of a car battery. The only reason I did this one vs. the MV50 was this was on sale for a good price.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447903730.015557.jpg

Still waiting for the Roadshower 2 to show up, hoping yet this week.

You get your rear springs yet?

Oddity

That is significantly larger than the MV50, I think the 50 is about the width of that bottle..

No rear springs yet, probably in the new year. Been going back and forth over which topper. Leer XR is a top choice but the RCC is reinforced if I ever wanted to go for a rooftop tent down the road..

jerstw

Adventurer
Yeah it's pretty large, just hoping it will fit in my future bed drawer storage solution.

Scary how close we are thinking on these trucks as I was just looking at Tepui tents and trying to determine how much weight the tent, gear and my kids and I would be. I think I am comfortable with about 500lbs on my XQ but a four person tent and all the other weight when in use will likely go past the 500lbs. How much weight is the RCC roof good for?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste