2011 Ram 1500 - "The Basics" Build

jerstw

Adventurer
Yeah, this was a needle in the haystack find. It seems the western parts of the US has better chance of scoring one on Craigslist...than I initially did here in Minnesota. Ended up getting this one out of Wyoming and my brother just happened to be going to the Tetons camping the weekend I found it. Needless to say I stopped buying Powerball tickets as I assume my luck has run out.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I agree with everyone else Jerstw. You have a fine :Wow1::Wow1:rig there. I like the slide out drawer and the tire carrier. Cool stuff and practical...:drool:

Oddity

Been slacking, once again you've done all the work for me. Nice job Jer! The tiregate looks killer, I was concerned about the build quality as well but with your endorsement I may have to get one..

jerstw

Adventurer
Well...it has been a long time, ok...16 months since I updated anything on this. Well, after 130K miles the 2011 Ram 1500 was a great rig and allowed my boys, dogs and I to explore lots of the awesome spots in these here United States as well as a tiny fraction of Canada. The truck was in need of a few $$$$'s in repairs and while I strongly considered it a good friend made me a deal I could not refuse so a new build will start on this one...

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 11.25.09 AM.jpg

2017 Ram 2500, Cummins, Laramie Sport Appearance Package, blah, blah. Got it last week so still in the planning stages but will add details to a new build thread soon as the savings account is ready to get a 'workout'.

jerstw

Adventurer
New left cylinder head...long story but what seemed as though it was not a major issue snowballed into something more. Enough that the dealership I had start the repairs I have now reported through to Ram Brand Management...mind you the dealer that attempted the service work is NOT the one I bought my 2011 nor my 2017 from...I love that dealership but they are 2 hours away so at times for service / warranty work I have to go closer to home.

Overall I loved my 2011 and was planning to drive it 200k miles. Was set up perfect for what I needed and never left me stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste