Concealed Carry - What Have You Got?

JJS2

When I carry, it's a J-Frame Detective Spl. in .38 Spl. with a Lasersight.

I would like to get a compact .45, as my 5" 1911 - Les Baer Thunder Ranch- is simply too large to tote (I am 5'5", 140 lbs.).

JJEH

EDC is a Kahr P9,

12983334_730746270400608_7287249302421771398_o.jpg

sometimes something else. If we go in the woods, hunting and/or fishing I'll take a .45

12967975_727494990725736_8108696375778229195_o.jpg

DGarman

What could go wrong?
My two favorite carry guns....... Concealed or Open..... Colt 1911 Govt .45 ACP (5") and a Colt Detective Special .38 Special (2").
Both of them are way older than I am!

001 EXPO.jpg

MOguy

Explorer
I pocket carry a little Taurus 9mm 12+1. It wasn't an expensive gun but I had carried a really nice Colt 1911 but decided I want to be able take better care of the Colt. I was hesitant on getting the Taurus but I am really surprised how well it shoots.

I bought it new for 200 bucks after a 50 dollar rebate from Taurus. I have been carrying it about a year now. Still a great little gun. The finish is wearing a little, that is it only down fall I have found so far.

Chickenhawk

Galco

Do you carry without a magazine?

No, still spending time breaking in the holster. Galco makes a fine product. A little ez draw on the contact areas inside the holster makes the break in quicker. I few thousand draws and it's perfect. It gets better everyday. When I'm gone my son will carry this rig one day.

MOguy

Explorer
No, still spending time breaking in the holster. Galco makes a fine product. A little ez draw on the contact areas inside the holster makes the break in quicker. I few thousand draws and it's perfect. It gets better everyday. When I'm gone my son will carry this rig one day.

I carry my 1911 with an IWB holster, put I prefer pocket carry with my 9MM. I can take it along regardless how I dress.

Scott Brady

Founder
I run a Walther PPS M1 in both an IWB holster (leather) and in a Galco ankle holster (depending on the situation and degree of concealment desired).

Walther-PPS-review.jpg

Previously I carried a Para Ordinance Executive Carry .45 ACP. I even ran an entire Gunsite pistol course with that sidearm. It shoots beautifully, although I plan to sell it because I no longer use it for daily carry.
Para-Executive-Carry-Lead.jpg

jon c

Supporting Sponsor: Magpul
Boresight Custom Glock 19 and/or near-stock Glock 43 for me.

I switched to the 43 from a Walther PPS simply for the continuity (I have a lot of pistols...42 of them are Glocks though) and access to mags, holsters, and sights.

The PPS is underrated and can be had at really low prices if you look around. I'm an accuracy snob, and the PPS with Gold Dot 124gr +P is nearly as accurate as my CZ AccuShadow and custom STI 9mm 2011 with a Scheumann barrel.

Scott Brady

Founder
I switched to the 43 from a Walther PPS simply for the continuity (I have a lot of pistols...42 of them are Glocks though) and access to mags, holsters, and sights.

The PPS is underrated and can be had at really low prices if you look around. I'm an accuracy snob, and the PPS with Gold Dot 124gr +P is nearly as accurate as my CZ AccuShadow and custom STI 9mm 2011 with a Scheumann barrel.

I have found all of the Walthers to be exceptional on accuracy, both my daily carry PPS and the PPQ in the drop holster. In .45, I have not found another pistol as accurate as the USP from HK.

The Glock is the AR15 of pistols though. Proven and ubiquitous. I plan to see what Overwatch Precision can do with my 19.
http://overwatchcustoms.com/

image.jpeg

robert

Expedition Leader
What are you planning to have done to the G19? Short of milling on the slide they are easy to mod yourself. I took the finger grooves off, undercut the trigger guard, beveled the mag release, swapped out the slide release for the factory extended model, changed the connector and polished the internals, changed the sights, etc. At some point I want to change the grip angle but I haven't gotten around to it; I'll stipple it then if I do.

Top is real Glock, bottom is airsoft
IMG_2338_zps0b64d8eb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94