Joe Hauler

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
A buddy of mine gave me a single hauler with ramp today for free. I had been entertaining the the idea of getting one for a while so I guess it was meant to be. Anyone have any experience with these? Tell me your stories. The good, the bad, the ugly.

I mean, if it works for the military its gotta be good right?:hehe: :hehe:

image009.jpg

Last edited:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
MuddyMudskipper said:
A buddy of mine gave me a single hauler with ramp today for free. I had been entertaining the the idea of getting one for a while so I guess it was fortuitous. Anyone have any experience with these? Tell me your stories. The good, the bad, the ugly.

I mean, if it works for the military its gotta be good right?:hehe: :hehe:

image009.jpg

Those are great. The guy that made them used to bring them by as he finished them to the dirt bike shop I used to work at in High School. They sold like crazy and bam. Looks like he's blown up.
Plus, he'll stand behind the product unless he's changed.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Joe is great guy! He made my roof rack for the BajaJK. I am sure he will continue to stand behind his products. Great find!

47b8db25b3127ccec45c753b43c200000016108EatWzFu0cA9vPhQ

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
EDIT! Justin beat me to it.:rolleyes:

SOAZ said:
Those are great. The guy that made them used to bring them by as he finished them to the dirt bike shop I used to work at in High School. They sold like crazy and bam. Looks like he's blown up.
Plus, he'll stand behind the product unless he's changed.

That's what I hear. On a trip to DV Justin (Gear) told me that Joe did the fab work for roof rack on his JK.

Kermit said:
Don't quote me on this, I believe the weight limit is 350 lbs. (I am being lazy and not checking their website)...

EDIT II: Kermit beat me to it (again).

I was concerned about this too, because as we both know my bike is a big orange pig. However, the site says that the single hauler will hold dirt and street bikes that weigh up to 600lbs.:eek:

image015.jpg
image006.jpg

image017.jpg

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I think I'm going to load it the bike up and take it for a spin tomorrow. I am thinking I will need to add lights since the bike will likely obstruct the tail lights on my truck.

Clutch

<---Pass
MuddyMudskipper said:
I think I'm going to load it the bike up and take it for a spin tomorrow. I am thinking I will need to add lights since the bike will likely obstruct the tail lights on my truck.

I wonder how the Leos feel about the license plate being block as well?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I've had one for years and like it a lot. This model has a nut you tighten down that clamps it tight inside the receiver, so it doesn't bounce around. Gives a good solid ride.

The only problems are the obvious. Bid farewell to anything you'd normally get out the back of any car or SUV, be real gentle through dips (your departure angle will be down to the very small integers), and it's awkward to store . . . as in, it'll kinda, sorta, almost balance vertically, but it'll later fall over in the direction it can do the most damage. Fasten it to the wall somehow.

Mike Hiscox
'77/'95 UNIMOG 416 DoKa Expedition Camper (for sale)
2005 mid/tall Sprinter Expedition Camper

FROADER

Adventurer
mhiscox said:
I've had one for years and like it a lot. This model has a nut you tighten down that clamps it tight inside the receiver, so it doesn't bounce around. Gives a good solid ride.

The only problems are the obvious. Bid farewell to anything you'd normally get out the back of any car or SUV, be real gentle through dips (your departure angle will be down to the very small integers), and it's awkward to store . . . as in, it'll kinda, sorta, almost balance vertically, but it'll later fall over in the direction it can do the most damage. Fasten it to the wall somehow.
All true and very good points, but it's a perfect solution instead of having to tow and store a trailer.

Talk about poor departure angle, it already sucks without the bike back there! :yikes:

van.jpg

If you're wondering why I have it on the back of an extended e350, it's because I had 3 more bikes inside. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles