Spoon or Spork???

hovenator

Explorer
Looking at getting a utensil to stick in my day pack. It will mostly be used to eat soft food or liquids ( yogurt, soup, ice cream, etc.). Do I get just a spoon or the combo of the spork? Also, aluminum or titanium? I have been looking at Snow Peak, Sea to Summit, and TOAKS. Any suggestions, or your preference and why, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
You need a titanium spork and 600$ titanium tail light guards if you want to be an overlander.

riccasey

If you don't mind eating minuscule mouthfuls of soup that drip all over, by all means select the spork. :drool: :)

Airmapper

Inactive Member
You will have your Overlanding license revoked, but these work well:

maxresdefault.jpg

hovenator

Explorer
I love all the great responses on the spork issue. Looks to me that just the spoon is most useful for me. Although, the Light My Fire spoon/fork design is interesting.

tarditi

Explorer
I have LMF sporks for the whole family, but when we're overlanding, I have a polycarb utensil set in my Dosko for everyone... a spoon is a spoon, a fork is a fork, after all...
A military MRE long-handled spoon is light and quite useful - I really don't come across many "needs" for a fork when backpacking/hiking - a spoon usually does the trick.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Sporks-Reviews

PhulesAU

Explorer
I have LMF sporks for the whole family, but when we're overlanding, I have a polycarb utensil set in my Dosko for everyone... a spoon is a spoon, a fork is a fork, after all...
A military MRE long-handled spoon is light and quite useful - I really don't come across many "needs" for a fork when backpacking/hiking - a spoon usually does the trick.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Sporks-Reviews

For the Win!! Hell I carry a set in all vehicles for when the drive through clown, forgets the spork

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I vote small nesting stainless (not plastic) spoon and fork.
Even though I'm getting old and decrepit and having tried many "better"?? ideas over the years; I like substantial grubbin' tools.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94