Freedom With Bruno: California down to Costa Rica then up to Nova Scotia

Hi everyone!

Last spring my wife and I saved up a bunch of money, quit our jobs, and decided to drive down to Costa Rica from Oakland, CA. We bought a 2000 Toyota 4Runner, fixed it up, and named it Bruno.

We successfully drove through Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua, finally arriving in Costa Rica in June.

smooth_mexico_road_oaxaca.jpg
Cruising along a beautiful road near Oaxaca, Mexico

beautiful_guanajuato.jpg
The colorful, vibrant town of Guanajuato, Mexico

costa_rica_river_cross.jpg
Crossing a river with Bruno (our Toyota 4Runner) near Sámara, Costa Rica!

We rented a house in Costa Rica next to the beach, and enjoyed surfing. Now that our lease is up in Costa Rica, we're back on the road heading north to Nova Scotia!

1-IMG_5147.jpg
Here is Bruno setup in camping/sleeping mode!

We'll be posting updates here along a way, and I hope to see some of you on the road!

If you're interested, we also have more details, pictures and maps on our blog called "Freedom With Bruno".

Cheers!

Hey everyone, we've been driving through Honduras and have been loving it so far! Roads are great, people are wonderfully friendly, and the scenery is amazing! Highly recommend it to other overlanders. Here are some of the pics we've taken so far:

CRW_5457.jpg

CRW_5678.jpg

PANO_20151127_132019.jpg

PANO_20151130_115644.jpg

More pictures from our travels through Guatemala! What a beautiful country! Roads were great and we felt safe the entire time we were there. Highly recommend it to everyone!

CRW_5778.jpg

CRW_5774.jpg

CRW_5801.jpg

CRW_5838.jpg

CRW_5850.jpg

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Amazing photos so far! I went Costa Rica 2 summers ago for a friends wedding.. Such a blast as my first time out of the USA. I need or traveling in my life for sure! HAPPY TRAVELS!

Texans Outdoors

TexansOutdoors.com
I' going to Tamarindo next week to do a little surfing and liver damage. We'll be there for a week. No plans or schedule. Any sites that you can recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier