BEWARE OF RTIC COOLERS

thefishhawk

Adventurer
30% off super bowl sale! I just picked up the 65 for 140. About the best sale I've seen them do. White and tan, blue was still reg price.

Too bad they are sold out of colsters or I would have added to my order.

UPS tracking number came about 5 mins after the order was placed. Had to wait a couple months to get my soft side 30 last summer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
30% off super bowl sale! I just picked up the 65 for 140. About the best sale I've seen them do. White and tan, blue was still reg price.

Too bad they are sold out of colsters or I would have added to my order.

UPS tracking number came about 5 mins after the order was placed. Had to wait a couple months to get my soft side 30 last summer.
Wow; great pricing.
With Ozark Trails getting into the game, price wars are inevitable.

FJOE

Regular Dude
I have a Yeti Tank 45, a Yeti Tundra 45, and an Engel Deep Blue 35. They each have their own uses, but I would agree the Yeti products are built very well. I just ordered one of these RTIC 65's because it was so cheap, and it fills the role of backup fridge at my camp. It will most likely never leave the kitchen/deck, but I am sure being used exclusively inside, it will hold ice for an extended period of time. I travel with my Engel. I put about 3kg of ice in it a week, and its held ice consistently since November 23rd. You really can't go wrong with any of these companies. I agree that Yeti is expensive, but I wanted it, so I bought it.

One thing to add- I have the padded seat cushions for both my Yeti and Engel. totally worth the money. I was sketched out about drilling into the cooler, but I took my time and followed the instructions, and they both came out great. Will probably get the Yeti 65 cushion for the RTIC.

Chesterbuggle

I just bought an RTIC 65 on amazon and got it one week ago, they are on sale now. I reached out to them to see if they would refund me the difference, the said nope. I asked if I can return and buy another at the sale price, they said yes but I have to pay shipping. Bummer for me. I am excited about the cooler. Just not the customer service.

kdeleon

Observer
I just bought an RTIC 65 on amazon and got it one week ago, they are on sale now. I reached out to them to see if they would refund me the difference, the said nope. I asked if I can return and buy another at the sale price, they said yes but I have to pay shipping. Bummer for me. I am excited about the cooler. Just not the customer service.

Hmm i got them to refund me the difference when i got mine and found it is on sale the same day it showed up to my doorsteps. Although the price they have now is even much cheaper grrr. Also isnt it free returns (amazon prime)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
That sucks.
Maybe it has to do with ordering off Amazon.

Chesterbuggle

I bought on amazon but it's sold through RTIC. Which is not prime. So I have to pay to ship back and they would pay for the new shipment. I paid 170, they are now 140. So by the time I pay roughly 25 bucks to ship because of size and weight, well, you get my point.

TXBK

I just don't understand what your complaint is with their customer service.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
So, I've been following the RTIC saga since the beginning. Americans have always been staunch defenders of intellectual property, ethical business, and succeeding based on one's own merits. From the beginning, the RTIC business model was one of rather brazen theft of intellectual property, if not petty monkey see, monkey do. Their shameless attempts to simply copy the products and business development of Yeti coolers justifiably earned the attention of loyal customers, supporters of good business, and - the legal system.

I know many of you will not like to hear this news, and in turn make Yeti out to be the villains, but I for one think this is a necessary response to the blatant theft of intellectual property.

Press Release:
Austin, Texas (February 2, 2017) — YETI®, the leading premium cooler and drinkware brand, is pleased to announce that a binding settlement has been reached in the United States District Court lawsuits brought against RTIC Coolers and brothers John and Jim Jacobsen.

RTIC Coolers and the Jacobsens are required to make a financial payment to YETI; to cease sales of all products subject to the lawsuit – this includes hard-sided coolers, soft-sided coolers and drinkware; and to redesign all products in question.

YETI CEO Matt Reintjes stated, “We are extremely pleased with the results we have achieved. We will continue to defend our innovation and intellectual property. This is a true win.”

Further details will be shared as they become available. YETI is not available for further comment on this topic at this point.

About YETI
Founded in Austin, Texas in 2006, YETI is a leading premium cooler and drinkware brand. The world’s top hunters, anglers, outdoor adventurers, BBQ pitmasters, and ranch and rodeo professionals trust YETI to stand up to the world’s harshest conditions. For more on the company and its full line of products and accessories, visit YETI.com.

So, I've been following the RTIC saga since the beginning. Americans have always been staunch defenders of intellectual property, ethical business, and succeeding based on one's own merits. From the beginning, the RTIC business model was one of rather brazen theft of intellectual property, if not petty monkey see, monkey do. Their shameless attempts to simply copy the products and business development of Yeti coolers justifiably earned the attention of loyal customers, supporters of good business, and - the legal system.

I know many of you will not like to hear this news, and in turn make Yeti out to be the villains, but I for one think this is a necessary response to the blatant theft of intellectual property.

Press Release:
Austin, Texas (February 2, 2017) — YETI®, the leading premium cooler and drinkware brand, is pleased to announce that a binding settlement has been reached in the United States District Court lawsuits brought against RTIC Coolers and brothers John and Jim Jacobsen.

RTIC Coolers and the Jacobsens are required to make a financial payment to YETI; to cease sales of all products subject to the lawsuit – this includes hard-sided coolers, soft-sided coolers and drinkware; and to redesign all products in question.

YETI CEO Matt Reintjes stated, “We are extremely pleased with the results we have achieved. We will continue to defend our innovation and intellectual property. This is a true win.”

Further details will be shared as they become available. YETI is not available for further comment on this topic at this point.

About YETI
Founded in Austin, Texas in 2006, YETI is a leading premium cooler and drinkware brand. The world’s top hunters, anglers, outdoor adventurers, BBQ pitmasters, and ranch and rodeo professionals trust YETI to stand up to the world’s harshest conditions. For more on the company and its full line of products and accessories, visit YETI.com.

I happy i never liked that they stole it. I do like my yeti's.

perterra

Adventurer

Press Release:

About YETI

I dont particularly care one way or the other, but I am not real sure about this part of your comment.
Americans have always been staunch defenders of intellectual property, ethical business, and succeeding based on one's own merits.

Having been involved in corporate America quite a few years, I have never found this to be true. Pretty much seen it based on trying to **** somebody out of something. Read any product supply contract, wall street sub prime 2008, dont go there, wells fargo, yep ethical biz was what they wanted. If you look at our history, greed is what drives it, RTIC was doing it the American way

Honu

lost on the mainland
ditto its more like succeed anyway you can and who cares who you crush on the way lie cheat and steel to get ahead

some are not like that :) but sadly many are

for sure RTIC copied yeti though IMHO there soft is a better design ! but Yeti went after em and sounds like RTIC lost ? bummer for us and RTIC thumbs up for Yeti though one has to protect their product etc

I was never going to buy a yeti anyway :) for that price maybe buy the engel but IMHO there are some nicer premium priced coolers out there and as far as I understand Yeti did not create the market but they were the best at marketing it

I kinda think I should buy a soft one I wanted tonight :)

I dont particularly care one way or the other, but I am not real sure about this part of your comment.

Having been involved in corporate America quite a few years, I have never found this to be true. Pretty much seen it based on trying to **** somebody out of something. Read any product supply contract, wall street sub prime 2008, dont go there, wells fargo, yep ethical biz was what they wanted. If you look at our history, greed is what drives it, RTIC was doing it the American way

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader

Having been involved in corporate America quite a few years, I have never found this to be true.
Americans value integrity. Particularly if they're at the losing end of a lack of it. American commercial enterprise? That's different story. The pursuit of money making in America will lead you to break a kitty cat's neck if it wins you the money you want. Signed, your's truly, a former Wells Fargo commercial banker. LOL :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior