BEWARE OF RTIC COOLERS

AdventureGirl

Absolute Worst Customer Service!

I feel the need to warn as many people as possible about this company's (RTIC Coolers) terrible customer service. I own an outdoors company and we are currently renovating & expanding our item availability. I wanted to carry YETI but they were currently not accepting new distributors so I found RTIC and they had a much cheaper rate... you get what you pay for when it comes to customer service! We were overcharged and then customer service ridicules you, speaks very condescendingly, threatens to hangup when you are discussing your issue, and does not make right or acknowledge the customer complaint at all. We were simply asking for a refund or a shipment of cups that would cover the over charge, to which we received nothing! They are right and the customer is always wrong, check the BBB where they have a rank of 1 of 5 stars. I tried to right a review on their website, however they quickly delete them to keep their 5 star rankings- luckily the BBB does not allow that! Please do your research! Now that you have all been warned, I will see what Expedition Portal has to offer. :)

screwball48

Explorer
I feel the need to warn as many people as possible about this company's (RTIC Coolers) terrible customer service. I own an outdoors company and we are currently renovating & expanding our item availability. I wanted to carry YETI but they were currently not accepting new distributors so I found RTIC and they had a much cheaper rate... you get what you pay for when it comes to customer service! We were overcharged and then customer service ridicules you, speaks very condescendingly, threatens to hangup when you are discussing your issue, and does not make right or acknowledge the customer complaint at all. We were simply asking for a refund or a shipment of cups that would cover the over charge, to which we received nothing! They are right and the customer is always wrong, check the BBB where they have a rank of 1 of 5 stars. I tried to right a review on their website, however they quickly delete them to keep their 5 star rankings- luckily the BBB does not allow that! Please do your research! Now that you have all been warned, I will see what Expedition Portal has to offer. :)

Within the last year a retail establishment I was employed by looked into a distributorship with RTIC. At that time they offered no such service. They would however offer discounted prices on bulk orders of cups and accessories. The reasoning for this was so they could focus selling their lineup of coolers directly to customers without using retail stores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I picked up an RTIC 20 last month, when they ran the sale. Between order and receipt of the cooler six days elapsed. The cooler arrived well packaged, in perfect shape. We used it as a back seat beverage cooler on a four-day, three-night Mojave Road trip. Plenty of ice remained at the end of the trip and our beverages remained cold throughout. Nothing but satisfied with the performance and service.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer

ONE, just ONE post here and only to rag on a product. Methinks you to be a troll.

Honu

lost on the mainland
ditto this big time !!!!!

maybe she should post the name of the company she owns :) if its legit she will post if not we know its another fake troll to bash the company

ONE, just ONE post here and only to rag on a product. Methinks you to be a troll.

Last edited:

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
yeah ^ agreed! i ordered the 60 and i love it.. they told me the date i would get it.. and i got it two days before.. i could careless about scratches and faded colors as long as it does it job... oh yeah keep crap cold!! and well my crap stays cold! china or usa made.. who cares... and if i did care.. well i guess i should get rid of my Toyota, and my miller welder, and my Samsung tv, and my apple phone, and... well just about anything else i own..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perterra

Adventurer

Seems everyone wants free stuff these days.

tracknod

Observer
I ordered a white 45 on Amazon Monday afternoon and guess arrived today, Wednesday morning.... Gotta love Amazon prime :).

I couldn't be happier right now as it will be a great supplement to our ARB for drinks that we get constantly.

And for people complaining about the warranty be dropped down to a month, yeah this sucks, but then I got to thinking and realized the only thing I have ever taken in for warranty service in my life has been my phone, a laptop, and my car. I couldn't imagine sending a cooler in.

Last edited:

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I've had a couple cooler warranty issues on my Yeti. I bought a Sherpa 120 (they don't make it anymore) back in around 07-08, after the first year or two the lid warped which caused the lid to not seal completely letting hot air in. They sent me a prepaid return sticker, I boxed it up and shipped the whole thing to them and they replaced the lid. The other item has been handles since mine doesn't use rope handles, they've sent me handle kits free of charge too.

That said, I love my yeti but almost a decade ago they were half the price they are now (and I thought that was crazy at the time lol), I doubt I would pay what they are asking these days. Pretty happy with the RTIC products I have, kinda pissed at myself for missing the sale a few weeks ago since I want to pick up a 65. On the other hand, there isn't much that's more frustrating then when you spend good money on a product and the company doesn't stand behind it or support it down the road for parts. I wasn't aware of the 30 day thing. Just have to know that going in and make a decision about what's important to you I suppose.

Last edited:

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Just like the guy who started this thread. Maybe the admins should lock it and if people want to review the cooler do it on new and less biased thread?

Honu

lost on the mainland
good point :)

kinda like how some bash on Kodiak tents that do not even own them ? but yet so many who own an use them love them

Just like the guy who started this thread. Maybe the admins should lock it and if people want to review the cooler do it on new and less biased thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior