M1102 potential build W/ Jeep JK 2dr

AHawksFan

Well I just bought a M1101 from Helotes Trailers in TX. Chose them because the auction ones were going for over $1,200 and they were lower. I also got to inspect them before choosing which one I wanted (they had 10). Although I am not from Texas, my sister-in-law was and I drove down to get the trailer to help her relocate.

I picked up a pintle hitch and a drop receiver (which I inverted) for the ride home. I own a 2013 JKUR and it towed great behind it (unloaded and load). There are some great forum posts here, on SteelSoliders, and other sites if you are looking at getting one. Although it sticks slightly it was absolutely the right trailer for me. I will be using it for local utility errands and camping. The trailer has the recessed mounting for the "stock" soft top but I am going to use the mount to build a roof top rack and add a nice collapsible tent to it.

Right now am working on my plans on how I want to arrange the storage. If anyone has any M110x they have added water, gas, and power to I would love to see pictures.

Good luck with your trailer project!

Mattio41

WEIGHT

You need to look at weight. a 2 dr jeep is only rated to tow 2000 lbs. these trailers alone are close to 1500 pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94