RV slide in Camper - outside awning source/type/suggestions??

Canufixit

Observer
Hi All, Now that the Leaves are picked up I want to start working on winter projects.

I recently bought a mid 1980's 7 foot slide in pop up camper (scamper). As the interior is small but ok for necessary use (Sleeping, Light cooking, etc.) I want to look into an outside awning approx. 8' x 8' in case of rain days (or hot sun days) I can sit outside the tiny camper. The problem is when I search for what I'm looking for I get WAY TOO much info returned.

I'm looking for a simple solution that is not expensive. If all else fails I will just purchase a small tarp with 4 to 5 poles and stake it next to the camper.
However the top side of my camper has an aluminum "C" style extruded trim/awing extending down the length of the camper. I'm thinking this was an original Equipment accessory when new - i.e. Tarp edge has a rope sewn in at edge and is slid into the "C" channel. Outside two corners are supported with poles. Perhaps the awning can stay on the camper but needs to be rolled up. I'm thinking under $200 range.

What I do find are many many models that get returned in a search. Some have specific style names (i.e. bag awning?) but all are just too huge, too big and WAYYY too expensive.

Any Suggestions on Searching, Sourcing, options??

Thanks All !!

Last edited:

gingerK

http://www.busdepot.com/a7905b

Give this place a look. I got one for my pop up TC and although I never used it, I know of some guys who did figure out ways to attach it to their TCs. I will say this; mine came with holes in the awning fabric and when I let the company know about it, they replaced it no questions asked. Pretty good customer service IMO.

Canufixit

Observer
http://www.busdepot.com/a7905b

Give this place a look. I got one for my pop up TC and although I never used it, I know of some guys who did figure out ways to attach it to their TCs. I will say this; mine came with holes in the awning fabric and when I let the company know about it, they replaced it no questions asked. Pretty good customer service IMO.

Thanks! This is Great! It may also fill a need at my house as well. I have a 2nd floor deck that is not water proof. I was looking for a "better than" a cheap tarp solution to put underneath so I can have a dry outside area when it rains. This looks it will just hang there with corner supports.

Thanks Much !!

subterran

Adventurer
Howdy!
Have a look at my thread, in my signature. In particular post #22. Since you have a wooden camper like mine, both my awning, and my quick-release system may be just what you need. I am VERY pleased with my ARB awning in both quality and cost. Good luck!

Motafinga

Adventurer
Howdy!
Have a look at my thread, in my signature. In particular post #22. Since you have a wooden camper like mine, both my awning, and my quick-release system may be just what you need. I am VERY pleased with my ARB awning in both quality and cost. Good luck!

Another vote for the ARB here, I dig the mounting set up on your rig btw subT!
I recently installed the 6.5 wide on my Alaskan, but on the back where I personally needed it most. It especially helps in rain getting in and out of the Camper. I also have a full height door the awning is mounted above so the awning goes waaay up in the air. Luckily I happen to have have a moto carrier that doubles as a porch though so I made it work by welding threaded 45deg pipe elbo's to it and screwing threaded plastic pipe into the carrier when I deploy the awning that way the camper door still opens up without hitting the awning. Super simple Super cheap!
I should add the first time I camped with it It left it up during a huge storm with lots wind n rain and it went nowhere with the way its anchored down..I was shocked how strong it was and very stoked to stay dry whenever I had to take a leak!
Looks like this>>

Attachments

• 20151023_165830.jpg
    20151023_165830.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20151101_152335_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20151101_152335_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member