ROUTE 66: Oklahoma to Kansas to Missouri

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Great trip and information! I'd love to indulge in some route 66 one of these days.

I have to LOL when people bit the ditch in the rain. Come drive up here, its been raining for a few days and below freezing at night and yesterday we got dumped on with a few inches of snow. Good fun half a year at a time.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Great trip report.
Speaking of Phillips 66, if you ever get up around Tulsa or Bartlesville again there is a very cool museum/wldlife preserve called Woolaroc just Southeast of Bartlesville.
http://www.woolaroc.org/
It has a mixture of art, artifacts, history, wild animals - just a very eclectic collection of stuff on the old Frank Phillips ranch. There's even a pretty decent gun museum (the Colt firearms museum) as a part of it. Definitely worth spending a half day or more there.
My dad was the assistant curator there back in the early 60's when I was a kid and it's an amazing place (we lived in the little town of Barnsdall, where the downtown had a bit part in the movie "August, Osage County.") Wife and I actually went through there in early 2014 on one of our Teardrop trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94