How High Have You Driven Your Pinzgauer?

nicholastanguma

Los Angeles, San Francisco
What's the highest elevation you lads have driven your Pinzies, and how did they perform?

I'm becoming concerned that a search to find a couple of proper P80 turbodiesels to import into America may not be fruitful (only made from '86-'89/'90), and I may have to "settle" for a couple of gasoline 710s.

Even with Jim's 2.7 big bore w/ torque cam and a solid state ignition I'm sure I'd have to go through all the trouble of removing the engine shroud to reach the carbs for rejetting every time I ascend the Rockies or Himalayas and then descend back to sea level. And that would be annoying very quickly.

nicholastanguma

Los Angeles, San Francisco
there has to be like a FAST EFi kit, or edelbrock kit that you can throw on there to swap to computer controlled fuel

Yeah, Jim LaGuardia of Goatwerks has an EFI kit for the old gasoline Pinz 710s and 712s, but that's putting modern electronic voodoo on a carbed old engine. Meaning, of course, sacrilege!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Have you talked to the folks over at Expidition Imports? I'm guessing if there is anybody that can help you out on hunting down those diesels you mentioned it's probably them. I always had great service there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior