Front hitch mount

biggoolies

Adventurer
Hi I would like to put a front hitch mount to place a bicycle rack and when I need it a winch on the front of my 2006 FG140. Has anyone made a design for this purpose? I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel for one that has been specifically designed for the fuso. Of course any design ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.
Darcy

Last edited:

bthornell

Good question.....I have a 2014 Ram 1500 that I would like to do the same thing to so I can travel with my mountain bike when I have my slid on in the bed. Ill stay tuned to your thread in hopes of some expert opinions..... fingers crossed.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Often a rear hitch can be mounted to the front of a frame as the spacing of the frame rails is often uniform between the front and rear - although some modifications of the hitch and/or the bumper may be required - but its worth checking into particularly if you already have a rear hitch you can take measurement from.

dlh62c

Explorer
I'm afraid what you want will require a custom build. Don't forget that you'll have to maintain the ability to tilt the cab forward.

fluffyprinceton

Adventurer
Two receivers welded to the front frame ends. They require a matching custom fab'd winch/bike/motorcycle mount. I wouldn't want to put a big off centerline winch load on them but they are cost effective... Moe

Front Receivers-Web.jpg

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Hi I would like to put a front hitch mount to place a bicycle rack and when I need it a winch on the front of my 2006 FG140. Has anyone made a design for this purpose? I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel for one that has been specifically designed for the fuso. Of course any design ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.
Darcy

G`day Darcy
Couple options for you. The reason they are so low is that when a motor bike is on the rack the driver can see and the head lights are effected as little as possible . Hitch is not rated.
EarthCruiser_ front hitch_2.jpg
EarthCruiser_ front hitch_1.jpg
EarthCruiser_ front hitch_3.jpg

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Out of interest... why are there 3 hitch points if only the centre one is being used for the motor bike carrier?
Would seem logical, to me at least, that if you had three hitch points that you would use them all. Am I missing something here?

This was not the rack the customer used, we just needed to get an idea of what the driving position would look like with a bike on. sorry no pic with the bike.

I did something very similar on our Fuso in South Africa but for different reasons.

I have different attachments for different applications that slot into the receivers and lock into place with springloaded shot bolts.

The system works well.

2016-01-26 22.44.18.jpg2016-01-26 22.49.10.jpg2016-01-26 22.54.14.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior