Any recommendations for a trailer, either teardrop, or compact unfolding style at a d

Rockhounder

Explorer
Hey all,

My wife really wants to get a lightweight easily towable by her 91 Suburban 1500 V10 4x4. Her requirements, in order of importance to her is as follows:

1: Easy to tow, operate, unfold, etc
2: comfort and looks (needs to have an inside toilet, its own water ant propane supply, and be able to remain comfortable to operate, cook in ,etc, even if there is a rainstorm
3:pricepoint (used, but in newer condition is ok)

She loves teardrop trailers, perhaps a large sized teardrop, without too many fiddly popups-fabric walls, etc, so it will be comfortable in cold conditions as well.

We are going to Quartzsite this January upcoming, and we have seen many dealers there, with some pretty neat ideas. Last Jan. we saw and really really liked a compact canned ham type trailer made by RETRO Trailers, that had a version that was super low profile (too low for our off roading use, but we loved the retro look.

Anybody have any links to trailers like this? Or....... perhaps you have one to sell????? :)

Any advice is hugely appreciated!
All the best,
Paul

armymgdude

Observer
My recommendation is a Casita, it does everything you need. Mine is a 17 footer. Under 3500 lbs and there are lots of ways to modify it.
074f8321405c123a708983828703d194.jpg

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Well a teardrop won't really give you any inside accommodations that you're looking for. But I can tell you a TD is pretty fun to have.

I'm not sure what your off road style is, but you could check out the Scamp trailers. I dunno how they handle on dirt roads, etc. I love the look of them. I'd love to have one myself for just camping at normal sites, etc. http://www.scamptrailers.com/

canorisa

Mr. Joel Rivera
Hey all,

My wife really wants to get a lightweight easily towable by her 91 Suburban 1500 V10 4x4. Her requirements, in order of importance to her is as follows:

1: Easy to tow, operate, unfold, etc
2: comfort and looks (needs to have an inside toilet, its own water ant propane supply, and be able to remain comfortable to operate, cook in ,etc, even if there is a rainstorm
3:pricepoint (used, but in newer condition is ok)

She loves teardrop trailers, perhaps a large sized teardrop, without too many fiddly popups-fabric walls, etc, so it will be comfortable in cold conditions as well.

We are going to Quartzsite this January upcoming, and we have seen many dealers there, with some pretty neat ideas. Last Jan. we saw and really really liked a compact canned ham type trailer made by RETRO Trailers, that had a version that was super low profile (too low for our off roading use, but we loved the retro look.

Anybody have any links to trailers like this? Or....... perhaps you have one to sell????? :)

Any advice is hugely appreciated!
All the best,
Paul

Paul: Here is something that might interest you and your wife! It's the T@B teardrop concept. They have different models but the one I really like is the Outback model. It's equipped for offload. Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about. If you like, just Google T@B teardrops Outback and you'll find them. The T@B's are very light and can be pulled with a Jeep or smaller vehicle. Check them out!

Good luck!

Joel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles