Auxiliary light mounting options for 4th gen 4Runner

vasily

Adventurer
Hey folks, I have a stock 03 4Runner limited V8 and I want to add some lights to the front end without changing the bumper and without destroying the approach angle.

I have some PIAA bulbs in the low beams and fogs, and did a quick mod that allows me to run the fogs with the hi beams.

Maybe I just need to swap all the bulbs for HID...

But back to the original question, I have searched around and found the westin bar that mounts the lights really low and significantly reduced the approach angel. I also found the defiance bar that places the lights in front of the grill, but it doesn't look like they are being made any more.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

- One life. Live it.

JD914

Observer
Check out t4r.com. There's a guy on there selling Defiant-style bars for around $180 which are really nice.
And you can't switch to hid, as you don't have projectors, unless you switch to the 2006+ headlights (which is a bigger project then just changing out the headlights, unfortunately).
I'm in the same boat as you with my '04 unfortunately. I nearly pulled the trigger on one of those light bars to mount my Hella 500's on (they're mounted to my bumper at the moment) but decided to save money for now and eventually do a front hitch instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vasily

Adventurer
Awesome. It would be great to have some additional light on back roads, forest service roads, and trails.

- One life. Live it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior